Audacity - Fails to Export MP3

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by Dyre Straits, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I've used this a few times without much trouble. In fact, just the other night I was able to export an hour of music along with the Titles and using MP3. I do have the lame_enc.dll to allow Audacity to convert to MP3.

My problem at the moment is this: When I choose to Export Multiple, and select any of the options all I'm getting is a very quick transfer of the title names with the numbers along with a very, very brief audio...about a second or so.

Within Audacity, I can play back the files just fine all night long if I wished....which I DON'T...so, what is causing the problem?

It should be taking a couple of minutes to achieve the export...instead of merely 3 seconds!

EDIT/UPDATE: I got it working. But, I'm not exactly sure as to what was actually causing the problem. My hunch is that, somehow, the Automatic Playback triggers were set and resulted in restricting the amount of audio to be exported. ONLY A HUNCH, though.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Glad you got it working... I haven't used audacity in years.

Dyre Straits likes this.
  3. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

With the progress I've had with my restored hearing, I'm quite enjoying it. :)

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

I'll bet you are... Keep at it. Being a musician I can't imagine not being able to hear. (quantify... not an active musician at the moment. Life is getting in the way)

Why I'm not using Audacity anymore is because I use Reaper DAW... http://www.reaper.fm/