Audigy 2 Output problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by inertiac, Mar 13, 2007.

1. inertiac

inertiac New Member

I've just installed KX on XP for my Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro. I've got sound coming out of the headphones but I can't get it coming out the main speaker out on the back of the card (the headphones are on the box thing, which I'd expect to be harder to get working but seems to work fine!).

So my question is, how do I get sound to come out the main output, not just the headphone output? If I do a "reset device settings" I get sound out my speakers for about 1/2 a second then it stops and only comes out the headphones. Also it's clearly sensing when I unplug or plug in my headphone jack but doesn't dis/engage any sound through my speakers.

Thanks
    Dan

2. ursamtl

ursamtl Montrealer

Sounds to me like you forgot about the switch kx has for reversing the front and rear speakers. By default it's set to on. Check the documentation or reverse the speaker connectors (i.e. connect the front speakers to the rear output and the rear speakers to the front).

3. inertiac

inertiac New Member

Thanks that worked a treat. I'm an idiot ;p.

4. ursamtl

ursamtl Montrealer

Nah, you've just entered the wonderful world of kx. Think outside the box. ;-)