Audigy 2 ZS | Games

Discussion in '3-D Audio' started by Marissa, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Marissa

Marissa New Member

Hello,

I am a very ambitious player of video games. At the moment i usually play Americas Army.
    Many player exluded myself are able to hear actually all noises (especially steps) all over the entired map and exactly this is my current problem. However i do it they know where my position is and you can imagine what my chances of win look like...it is comparable to a wallhack even though they don't look through walls but they hear trough. This game loses its fairness but even so it makes fun though i am playing it but it would be better for me to have the same possibilities to hear enemies heading towards me. :evil:

I've heard of special audio drivers that makes it possible. I tried two or three YouP Pax versions (YouP Pax New Year, YouP Pax 2.36 and i guess YouP Pax 1.21...).
    In spite of my effort i am not successful so my last try is you. Did anyone of you heard of some special kind of driver to fix my "problem" ? Special configuration ?

I have a AUDIGY 2 ZS soundcard with a 5.1 Medusa Headset, nForce 2 Ultra 400 motherboard and a AMD 3000+ cpu.

Thankful greetings! :)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2006
  2. Marissa

Marissa New Member

Nobody ? :-(

3. Doug W

Doug W New Member

OK, I don't know anything about "footsteps" in games but my guess is that you would eventually be able to set it up correctly so that you can hear them.

Is this an online game, where the footsteps are generated by other players?

4. Marissa

Marissa New Member

Yes, its a online shooter made by the u.s. army so the foodsteps are generated by other online players. any ideas how to set it up correctly ? thanks

5. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

try turning down 'wave recording' on the KX mixer 'recording' page.

I was also thinking, maybe a cheat was made to prevent sending that 'foot step' information to other players.??

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  6. Marissa

Marissa New Member

I use the Creative Sounddriver or the YouP Pax modded driver. Whats the plan of turining down the WAVE RECORDING ?

7. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

It has been a while since I played AA (because of all the cheats that were getting by Punkbuster at the time (on the official servers)), but I thought that was an .INI hack that did that, not a driver thing.

BTW: Most good players do not need such hacks. Do not mistake someone who is truly a good player with someone who is cheating.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  8. bacon

bacon New Member

you can do alot with your equalizer and some other settings in your user.ini and armyops.ini files for example...pm me for further info, i might let you have a look at some of my settings (for the noobs:... this has nothing to do with hacking...just some adjustments :) )

EDIT: typo

9. burresan

burresan New Member

Hi.
    im a AAO player, and ive tried several drivers for my audigy2 zs card. The goal is to hear low sound better, while not going deaf cuz of loud guns going of next to my head..
    Ive tried the kx driver with an APS-compressor, which made all sound equal in volume---

Does anyone know of any good drivers for gaming, any settings, tweaks that will give me an edge?
    Is kx unsuitable for gaming? will there be good 3d sound with kx driver and a headset?