Audigy 2ZS center channel doesn't function

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by skinlab, Jul 7, 2006.

1. skinlab

skinlab Got Satan?

hi guys,

i just formatted and reinstalled winxp pro - also reinstalled the latest software for the Audigy 2ZS (downloaded off their website)

what i did was to install from CD, then install the one from the web (it wanted to uninstall old software then reinstall, which i did)

i'm using logitechs z5500, and the center channel doesnt work
    when i click on noise test it only tests the front 2, which happen to play on the rear channel as well (simultaneously), and the sub doesnt get tested

any idea on how to help me out here guys? i'm kind of stumped. playing music will make all 4 channels work but not the center channel

things ive done:

-reverted back to original CD drivers but still cant get the center channel to function - it worked prior to my format - i did this using the method off the creative website, basically wiping out all creative info from the pc
    -the only way to get all 5 channels to function is to set the speakers to play in either movie mode or music mode, and even then when i try to test them through the Creative options, the center and sub still dont get tested, but will work fine when music is playing

thx guys

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Try the pax hack 004 driver :)

3. skinlab

skinlab Got Satan?

do you happen to have a link?

thanks for the help

P.S.: i just formatted, installed the chipset drivers and about to install the sound card drivers (havent run windows update yet), so we'll see if that works, otherwise i'll give your suggestion a shot

thx again

4. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member