Audigy&DTT2500

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by Numa, May 16, 2003.

1. Numa

Numa New Member

Hi evereyone.

I'm sure there's been many posts here concerning that, but I just can't seem to find any good answer to my problem. I've got an Audigy Player soundcard (Drivers .253 on Windows XP pro updated) with the DTT 2500 speakers set (including the 5.1 decoder). I plugged the card to the decoder via the SPDIF connexion and all the speakers work individually. I can perfectly read 5.1 DVD's with Power DVD XP. But I can't hear any sound from de front speaker while doing a speaker test nor can hear it working while playing 5.1 games (all 4 rear and front speakers work though, but some sounds can't be heard, especially during dialogs). What should I do to get that working correctly?

More infos: Dig output is on, 5.1 speakers are selected in the speakers config. and the 4 speakers mode is selected on the DTT 2500 decoder (choosing 5.1 mode for both music and movie only works fine with dvd's).

Thanks for helping me!

2. Crash Override

Crash Override Banned

what exactly happens when you choose 5.1 and try games? you didnt tell us that yet

3. Numa

Numa New Member

Well, when I choose 5.1 in the Audigy speakers settings, all I get is a stereo sound (no rear nor center) unless I choose 4 speakers mode via the DTT decoder (in this case, 4.1 sound). I tried all the combinations that are possible already, but none work better than 4 speakers mode in both decoder and Audigy speakers settings.