Audigy problem with microphone

Discussion in '3-D Audio' started by kroud, Jan 4, 2004.

1. kroud

kroud New Member

Hi! i have the windows xp ant the audigy soundcard.I download the kx3536 drivers and i made the setup.
    The problem is that i can't hear my microphone.iI can hear music from the windows media player but not the mic.What's going on?Please help me!!!

2. Larshen

Larshen New Member

ive got the same problem if anyone can please post

3. tangoman444

tangoman444 New Member

Yea, me 2, i've fiddled around with the settings and i've managed to enable the mic, buti cant use it in msn conversations anymore...so annoying!!

4. robinmasters99

robinmasters99 New Member

exactly the same for me... had to put back the creativedrivers to make it work...
    any solution for this pb???

Thx, robin

5. robinmasters99

i 've an Audigy2 Platinum eX .... so no ac97 panel..

6. davis_ka

davis_ka New Member

Same problem with me.

In the sound options for windows xp, it will show an advanced volume bar for everything except for the microphone volume tab. And in the setup wizard, you cannot click on the volume tab. The only option for the source is the 0/1 wave.

If im in the ac97 default and un mute the mic, i can hear my voice clear thru the speakers, but its not recognized in any voice apps that i use (cstrike, vent, msn messenger)

7. RIV@NVX

RIV@NVX Freedom is a feature.

Have you enabled AC97 on recording, AC97 on ins'n'outs and microphone in AC97 page?
    (I'm not sure about Platinum eX, but it should be similar in somekind of way, but not AC97-related).

8. robinmasters99

ok worked fine for me... it's but that's why i'm gonna make a new skin, with clearer controls, caus' it's really not enought ergonimic right now.

9. VaCreeper

VaCreeper New Member

Same here!!

I've posted on the bug report page, so at the risk of being redundant....
    Same problem. I just installed these drivers, and was looking forward to them because of what I had heard about them. But if I can't use them for online communications, then it would just wind up being a hassel changing drivers back and forth when I wanted to listen to music.
    I'm not sure, but I get the idea from alot of the posts here(and I've been pouring through them all morning trying to find an answer)that most people consider these drivers principely for the use of music creation. I've read several comments that these drivers are not for gaming, but if they are an improvement over the woefull ones that Creative has made, I would like to use them.
    So....is there, or is there not a way to get these drivers to recognize a mic in a way it can be used to communicate online???
    Any help would be much appriciated.

TY