Audigy (SB0350) and 5.1 how can I set 5.1 for MP3 listening?

Discussion in 'MAC OS X Driver' started by Snow_Audigy 2 ZS, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Snow_Audigy 2 ZS

Snow_Audigy 2 ZS New Member

Hi all,
    i'm in trouble and i need some help :rolleyes:

I'm a Snow Leopard user and I have an Audigy 2 ZS (SB0350) with 5.1 sound system (creative T6060). I have installed kX 1.3b0 and my card works but when I try to listen an mp3 I can hear the sound only from front channel and subwoofer (like a 2.1 system); rear channel and center speakers doesn't work.

How can I solve this?
    How can I find a mixer for kX?

2. StringsOnFire

StringsOnFire New Member

I think someone should put you out of your misery.

Sorry. You can't. I tried for ages. Wasted so many days trying. There is no way of doing this on your computer. Windows has sRS Circle Surround II, which is great, if you're on windows. There are various programs that let you reroute channels.

Some people have success using SoundFlower. You can find guides a plenty online. However, SoundFlower is very unstable, and I found it stopped working properly each time after a few minutes, so I gave it up. There was another program, Jacks, Jax or something similar, but that wasn't great either.

Your best bet is to get a decent amp for your surround system. All good 5.1 amps can output 2 channels as 5.1. I've got all inputs(front, rear, sub/ centre) plugged in as they should be from PC to amp, but I've also used a splitter on the front speakers output on the computer to plug it into a stereo input on the amp as well. This gives me the option of surround sound by computer (for when I'm gaming) or surround sound by hardware by switching to the stereo input, the amp doing all the hard work.

I'm using a Sony STR-K840P. I got it for £50, including 5 sats and a sub. You can probably find something similar for the same money. Although you were probably hoping for something free, you won't regret buying a half-decent surround amp!

Hope that helps,
    Daniel