Audigy SE+Vista+Microphone

Discussion in 'Windows & Other OS Discussion & Support' started by dogsneedlove2, Apr 15, 2007.

1. dogsneedlove2

dogsneedlove2 New Member

I had the Soundblaster Live 5.1 card in my computer, it didn't work in Vista unless I just happened to hold my tongue just right installing it. Since Creative is no longer supporting it and isn't putting out new Vista drivers I went out and got a new sound card.
    So I purchased the new Audigy SE card and my microphone is so low in volume I can barely use it. There's no boost mic button in the control in Vista, and I can't use the software on the CD that came with the card because its not compatible with Vista. What to do? I'm so frustrated, I don't know who to blame, Microsoft for not having the forsight of putting something as simple as a mic boost in Vista, or Creative for not getting out a fix knowing Vista has been coming for several years.
    :mad:

2. Mazuko

Mazuko Well-Known Member

The microphone is a feature not yet support in Vista by creative drivers. The problem is you can't change your input assignments from line in to mic et al. This has bugged me for several months now as I planned on using vista as a gaming system however without proper mic support communication in online games is reduced once again to typing. So I game on XP for the time being, and simply wait for DECENT creative drivers for vista.

3. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy New Member

I actually think the need to comply with Vista's DRM requirements has been responsible for many Vista drivers being delayed, although I have to admit that I've been able to find drivers for everything I have installed so far.