Auto reboot Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by Trusteft, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Even vs windows 7 due to nvme native support being non existant and even with a driver, it's pretty flimsy due to the nature of the Kernel itself being incapable of handling SSDs properly by todays standards, windows 8.x was just on the bitter edge of it as well, but also didn't have nvme protocals and it's associated improvements included at it's core, no patch is going to resolve that matter either. Thus windows 10 on even very fast SATA III ssds and specially nvme tends to provide the peak amount of performance and optimisations since it was designed with them fully from the ground up.

2. Calliers

Calliers Side hustle: Mayor of Kenja Staff Member

https://www.howtogeek.com/294471/should-i-keep-my-techs-serial-numbers-private/

Here is Adata's warranty check, you can see all they require is the serial number, but in their case they want the receipt as well so you're lucky.

https://www.adata.com/en/ss/prowar-search/

3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

If I use a hard drive, ssd and copy any personal files on it, I never RMA it. I also never fill in a warranty form of it. I have no intention of returning the drive or registering it for that reason.
    If it dies tomorrow, I will write it off as a loss and move on.

4. Calliers

Sweet sugar water.

5. Trusteft

I don't know what that means other than water you have poured some sugar in it.

6. Calliers

Precisely.

7. Trusteft

Drunk?

8. Calliers

Nope, I don't drink at home.

9. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Doesn't mean you didn't get drunk before getting home though. ;)

Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  10. Trusteft

To clarify something, yes while it wouldn't affect me, I realize it could affect Adata. But let's be realistic here. If Adata doesn't give a shit about their non Windows 10 customers, what are the chances they will ship a replacement SSD in advance to someone? And even if they do, they can go and fudge themselves.

11. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

I agree. Personally there are items I usually just don't care to send in for warranty. The only exceptions are the video card and motherboard. Everything else is a write off, imo. Especially storage devices. All these manufacturers are going to do is either decline your warranty, which you just wasted money sending to them, or they send you back a drive that has been repaired. And let's be honest: if it was sent in once, how the hell can you trust it going forward? No thanks. New drive please.

Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  12. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

As someone that has opted to do RMAs on hardrives in the past, while the initial shipping cost of about $40 for an at the time, $120 hardrive seemed like a wise idea, having to pay return shipping from WD or Seagate was bullshit, and what REALLY bit me in the ass, was when the new drives arrived WORSE (utterly DOA, wouldn't even spin up).... i had the choice of spending roughly $110 in total for the initial rma plus the new rma, or just saying "fuck it" and buying a new one and cutting my losses since a new one would have been slightly larger.

Calliers, Tipstaff and Trusteft like this.