Automation Window

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by Michael Berg, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Michael Berg

Michael Berg Member

Does the KX Automation work properly? I have tried to control the EFX reverb plugin with MIDI messages from Building Blocks (a MIDI control program), and so far have not had success. I just wanted to be sure that it does basically work.
    Thanks,
    Mick Berg.

2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Yes, it does work. Make sure that the midi port in your midi control program is set to kX Control.

3. Michael Berg

Michael Berg Member

Yes, I did do that. Can I use any controller number? The parameter I am trying to control is Reverb Level in the EFX Reverb Station.
    Thanks.

4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I do not know if there are any restrictions with any of the controller numbers, but I just gave it a try with EFX Reverb Station using cc91 to control the Reverb Level parameter and it worked without any problems (I used MIDI-OX for control, I will see if I can download a demo of the program you are using and give it a try with that.).

5. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I tried it with the Bulding Blocks demo and it worked fine with that as well (using cc91).

BTW: I am not familair with the program as this is the first time I have tried it, but it appears that you have to click on the red circle next to "Controller Out" (value should change from 0 to 1) to enable the controller, otherwise it will not do anything.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  6. Michael Berg

Michael Berg Member

Thanks for checking it out. In BB the red buttons are on-off switches for the modules. The only thing I can think of that might be wrong is the MIDI transmission between BB and KX. I thought I might need to use Midiyoke or something but the input port has to be the KX control port, right?
    Mick Berg.

7. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

No, the output (from MIDI Control program) has to be kX Control to use kX Automation, the input can be what ever you want.

8. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Here is a picture (for reference) of the working setup that I used when testing with BB.