Auzentech X-Meridian Specs

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by ROBSCIX, Sep 29, 2006.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

I am posting spec of a new soundcard that will be released in mid Oct. This card is called the X-Meridian and is made by a company called Auzentech. I am posting the specs becasue I believe they speak for themselves...
    • The C-Media Oxygen HD CMI8788 Audio Processor is the heart of the AUZEN X-MERIDIAN 7.1.
    • 4 pcs 24-bit/192kHz AK4396VF (120dB-part spec.) DACs for 7.1channel output. (24-bit/192kHz in 7.1channel playback)
    • 1 pc 24-bit/192kHz AK5385VF(114dB-part spec.) ADC input (24-bit/192kHz recording)
    • 1 pc CMI9780 AC'97 2.3 CODEC for AUX input, CD input, MIC input (16bit/48kHz playback/recording)
    • Integrated up to 192k/24-bit S/PDIF transmitter for 44.1kHz,48kHz, 96kHz, 192kHz SPDIF output.
    • Supports onboard high grade special COAX+OPTIC combo type transmitter module for up to 192kHz SPDIF out.
    • Integrated up to 192k/24-bit S/PDIF receiver for 44.1kHz,48kHz, 96kHz, 192kHz SPDIF input.
    • Supports onboard high grade special COAX+OPTIC combo type receiver module for up to 192kHz SPDIF input.
    • Standard 10PIN Front Panel Audio supports connectivity for stereo audio output and a microphone input from most new chassis. (All 7.1channel analog output muted by jack connection sense of front panel headphone out / Dual MIC input available by back panel mic input and front panel mic input)
    • DTS® Interactive - A real-time 5.1 channel encoder.
    • DTS® Neo:pC - An upmix matrix technology.
    • Dolby® Digital Live (DDL) - A real-time 5.1 channel encoding.
    • Dolby® ProLogic IIx surround processor spreading stereo audio into 7.1 channel surround sound.
    • Dolby® Headphone technology, conveying 5.1 surround and 3D gaming audio over stereo headphones.
    • Dolby® Virtual Speaker solution, bringing amazing virtual surround sound fields via general two speakers.
    • C-Media FlexBass™ - LFE channel crossover frequency setable from range 50 to 250Hz in Small speaker mode and Small/Large speaker selectable.
    • C-Media Magic Voice™, popular feature for disguising your tone in online chatting.
    • C-Media Xear 3D™ 7.1 Virtual Speaker Shifter technology.
    • C-Media’s unique Karaoke functions: Microphone Echo, Key-shifting.
    • Individual 10-band EQ for each channel,.27 global reverberation environments.
    • Supports most industrial standards of 3D sound for PC gaming, including EAX™ 1.0 & 2.0, A3D™ 1.0, and DirectSound™.
    • Swappable DIP type OPAMP controlled preamp out circuit (4pcs output control OPAMP IC with DIY socket)
    • Surface mount type OPAMP controlled preamp input circuit (2pcs input control OPAMP for ADC and 1pc MIC input gain control)
    • 5Vrms (Differential DAC output with gain adjustment / approximately full swing from +/- 8V dual power supply)
    • Proper OPAMP control circuit (large capacity 1A +8V, -8V, dual power supply circuit) for high quality audio quality, prevent audio distortion at high volume level.
    • Upgrade Extension available (Extra 6.35mm MIC / Extra Digital I/O sold separately)
    THis card has been talked about in quite a few audio forums. I wasn't sure if it had made it's way here or not. This card supports full surround over digital -something the X-fi cannot do. this card supports 24/192 in full 7.1 has badges for most of the latest greatest movie audio standards aswell. It was called the X-Purity but has since changed to the X-meridian..have a look guys I think this card is more for the HT guys or just audiophiles it has impressives specs non the less. Have a look and tell me what you think. I think we may have a battle for the top spot guys for pure sound quality this card doesn't suport higher levels of EAX as Creative keeps their only marketing tatic to themselves. I don;t think that will stop alot of people though:) the card also RECORD in 24/192 which is pretty rare:cool:

2. Nightowl225

Nightowl225 New Member

You gotta be kidding me, CMEDIA. CMEDIA hasn't updated drivers for any of their sound chips for over a year.

CMEDIA, doesn't even have any reference drivers for the chip on this thing posted on their website, and let me ask, will there even be drivers for this thing that work in Windows Vista.

3. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Support for X64 and Vista is already in the works...according to the site. I don't care who makes the chipset look at the specs on the card and see what it can do. They are very impressive indeed.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  4. Nightowl225

Nightowl225 New Member

Yes they are impressive, last CMEDIA based card I tried was the Turtlebeach Montego DDL, and that piece of junk did nothing but cause my system to BSOD. Turtlebeach won't even give one techsupport if one runs the Montego DDL on a dual core system. All Turtlebeach will claim, is that the card doesn't work on a dual core or dual cpu system.

It was this mess with Turtlebeach's card, that turned me off on anything CMEDIA based.

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Yeah alot of older C-media components found there way into sustandard boards. C-media doesn't make soundcards the ony make DSP's. There have been quite a few cards released based on theis new chipset BUT the x-meridian doesn't follow the reference design as alot of other do. I am a spec man, I read teh specs of the device and see if it's suitable for what I want...this card is more than acceptable. It will be the king of the hill when it's released. QUite a few guys I know use Auzentech's other cards and they say they are solid and support is just as good when it's needed. THose specs are better than a X-fi's...although the X-meridian is not really meant to be a gamer card it's meant to be a audiophile grade add-in board.. I know quite a few guys who are just waiting for this card to hit the market..they started shipping around now and they will be available mid October in the stores.

6. Nightowl225

Nightowl225 New Member

My attitude on CMEDIA based cards is changing. Pulled out the X-Fi after it caused a lot of problems, got the Montego DDL again, installed it the August drivers from Turtlebeach and so far everything is working as it should.

It sounds better and is more clearer than my X-Fi.

After pulling out the X-Fi which caused extreme slow downs in games, I had to reinstall Catalyst 6.9. Yes, the X-Fi uninstall program messed up Catalyst 6.9.

Gonna put the Montego DDL to the test in a Dungeon Siege 2 session, which could last 4 hours. If I don't have no problems, I'll be sitting good. I play games on the Montego DDL, and they actually sound better on it. Don't care about EAX as I don't use it. I do know it does DirectSound, DirectSound3D, and Dolby Digital in hardware.

I even found out in the knowledge base that Turtlebeach is working on Windows Vista drivers for the Montego DDL.

7. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

This is really a new day for C-media if youconsider the type of hardware they are coming out with these days. Look at the specs of the X-Meridian they are better than the X-fi in alot of ways. To me and alot of other EAX is overrated. Becasue you like EAX you must suffer with inferior sound? I don't think so, they can keep it. I want great sound!

8. Nightowl225

Nightowl225 New Member

Don't care for EAX, don't use it all. All EAX does is muffle the sound. I get great sound, by leaving EAX in my games totally off and let the Montego DDL do what I bought it for.

The sound is really great on the Montego DDL, if one doesn't use EAX, which I don't do. In the past I messed with EAX a couple of times, and I just didn't like it. Once I had the 5.1 sound setup, along with the Mixer and Equalizer, I let the Montego DDL do it's thing.

At the dealer I bought my Montego DDL from, I will be trading the X-Fi in, and using the store credit to knock off a portion of what I paid for the Montego DDL.

If Turtlebeach puts out a soundcard using one of the newer CMEDIA chip's, I'll definitely consider it.

I've watched movies, listened to music and even played games on the Montego DDL, without any problems. Far as I'm concerned, Creative can keep their X-Fi junk that has a lot of problems, including popping and crackling on more than just NForce 4 chipsets, points to me as a defect and design flaw in the card.

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

This card is to be released this week according to the manufacturer. YEAH! I know quite a few guys myself included who have one on order...

10. classic_leon

classic_leon Well-Known Member

Yeah! Really a good card.
    If Creative would authorize EAX 3/4/5 or other guys would reprogram the drivers, it would be a perfect sound card.

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

They would never do that. It give sthem the ability to release whatever they want and gamers buy it. IF you put EAX 3,4 and 5 on this card..what more would you need? Spec wise this card is ALOT better than a X-fi. In digital mode the X-fi can't even compare. I am eadger to try out the technologies built into the card like Dolby Headphones. I guess people can run dual cards if they want EAX -use the AUdigy 2 or X-fi for games and the X-meridian -well for everything else.

12. classic_leon

We can get it done if we have the latest EAX API. I really hope we can get them downloaded in internet. So, are you going to buy this card?

13. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

WHat do you mean?
    YEs I will buy this card..it shall be mine...lol
    I think your gonna see alot of people with these cards in the future... they are just too sweet.
    What could you do if you had the EAX 5.0 interfaces?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  14. classic_leon

Cool! Don't forget posting a test after you get it.:D

24-bit/192kHz in 7.1channel playback, this is really cool! I think some music publishers are gonna release DVD-Audio for this format.

I meant Application programming interface (API) for EAX. We can use this stuff to enable EAX on other sound cards such as Auzentech X-Meridian. Unfortunately I don't have it.

If I have EAX 5.0 API, I'll add EAX 5 supprted on this sound card via modding drivers.

15. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

I know what you meant, That would be very cool indeed. This would only give EAX in software though correct? Sure I will give a review when I get the card...
    IF you decide to try out programming for this card and need a tester let me know. I knoq quite a few guys who will be buying them and would probably run test for you if there was something added they want or could benefit the card as a whole.
    I am patiently awaiting the release of the card, I will run detailed analyse of the card and post my findings for everybody.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  16. classic_leon

I have to say I can't give you words so far...I am only interested in it and want it done as you do...:)

17. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Cool, let's hope it happens....and o what we can to ensure it does. I will be sure to post info about the card in here when I get it and have a chance to test it properly. SHould be out soon...Yeah!

18. classic_leon

At least we have another bud who's interested in it, such as dj_stick who has been watching our conversation since we started talking about it. lol

19. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

I think you wold have a flood of people interested in this....

20. classic_leon

hey, are you going to online or not?
    Gotta get to sleep.
    See ya next time.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006