Auzentech X-Meridian Specs

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by ROBSCIX, Sep 29, 2006.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Everybody I talked to that owns one hasn't had the typical snap crackle and pop associated with Creative cards. It just doesn't happen with this card and drivers. If it has I have yet to hear about it and I talk to people and help in quite a few forums. These drivers actually work.
    This card record in 24/192!!! that is a first in this price range I will tell you that.
    Most cards can just record 24/96 -This is great for recording...
    This card sounds phenominal and the drives actually work!! I wouldn't steer you wrong... For a company that's going up against Creative they give them a one two punch for sure. The review is these sound alot better than a X-fi.

2. Nightowl225

Nightowl225 New Member

I had so much trouble with the X-Fi Xtreme Music card towards last, it wasn't even funny. I replaced it with a Montego DDL which uses the CMEDIA 8768+ chip and haven't had no trouble since, and I use it a lot in games, music, and movies. No I don't use EAX, don't care for it.

I wouldn't worry too much about this card, I'm now thinking about upgrading to it, or getting the Bluegears b-Enspirer which uses the same Oxygen 8788 HD chip as the X-Meridian 7.1.

3. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

You can go for tone of the lesser cards that use the same chipset. From what I have been told none of them can compete with the X-Meridian for pure sound quality. All the other 8788 based card are all cookie cutter of the C-Media reference design. You can put all 8788 based cards together and the look exactly the same and probably sound exactly the same. With exception of the X-meridian it is customed designed to take FULL advantage of the 8788 based chipset. I can't say for sure though as I have never heard them but from what I have been told the true 8788 card is the XM 7.1

4. Nightowl225

Nightowl225 New Member

Haven't decided which of the two 8788 soundcards I'm gonna get yet, or I just might spend the bucks in get the Sondigo Inferno which uses the 8788 chip for $150.00 US Dollars direct from Sondigo, which from my understanding and the pictures I've seen is a custom designed 8788 board also.

http://www.sondigo.com/inferno

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

I know the X-Meridian was the FIRST custom designed one. It is possible other are popping up now. It's just so many are basically the same card with different names on them. It's up to you alot of guys are put off buy the price, but it was worth every penny to me once I hread this card in music movies and games. There is no comparison to any other sound card I have ever heard and I have heard a X-fi.
    Guys will spend so much money on the video subsystem but won't give the same investment to their sound system. Games are produced with equal attention put into audio aswell as video. I am mopre into music and movies with games as a after thoght.
    I cannot comment on what other sound like. From what I have heard from people doing comparisons is they sound good just not quite as good as the XM7.1 You can also replace the opamps to improve the analog sound quality yet again.
    The 8788 chipset is pretty nice though. It has alot of power and adds alot of high end audio technologies to your PC. If you went and bought a receiver that had these technologies it would cost you alot ot money.

6. DJShamrock

DJShamrock New Member

That seals it, I am getting this card. Thanks for putting my mind at ease guys.

7. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

Just to chime in and say i have had that card for a lil under a month and it is an awsome stepup for me from AC 97. And to boot ive only hooked it up to headphones, i really gotta haul my rig to the living room to the DD\DTS reciever. Coming from always using onboard i was concerned about conflict (IRQ and such) but all has went well and had nothing but total listening pleasure with this card.

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

You right, I was concerned also, coming from Creative labs cards there might be some IRQ trouble when installing it becasue that's the way it goes with sound card-or so I thought. I guess that is just with Creative labs cards. This card installs great and the drivers are solid.

9. classic_leon

classic_leon Well-Known Member

X-Fi 2 is coming...

10. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

Some facts about X-Fi 2 ?

11. classic_leon

classic_leon Well-Known Member

12. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

Hmm new designed Windows but i cant read anything in there.

Could be only a redesigned X-Fi Driver for Vista.
    Any news about X-Fi 2 from Creative ?
    New Chip ? New layout or again one of these mini steps (A2->A2ZS ) ?

13. advertiser

advertiser New Member

OMG* this card cost 330SGD in my country. LOL..

By the way does this card 0w3d the xfi elite pro card?

14. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

The X-Meridian is said to sound better then the Elite aswell. I recently upgraded my Opamps on my card and it sounds very,very nice. These cards are amazing if you love sound quality. Look at the review here By Driver Heaven. The reviewers were totally amazed.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  15. DJShamrock

DJShamrock New Member

Anybody know when the x64 vista drivers are coming out for this card? I want to buy it, right now but I want to be sure there is a driver for it that works.

Thx.

16. DJShamrock

DJShamrock New Member

bump

Anybody know when teh Vista 64 driver may be released? I want to buy this today, but not if I can't run it yet. My luck, I would by it, the drivers would come out 2 months later the card would cost half the price.

I just hate my x-fi. Hiss, pops, screech, lock, crashes, irq problems in both slots, etc. Garbage.

17. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

They should be released soon. That is all I know.

18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

If your unsure wait. I will tell you though for sound quality these cards really are in a class by themselves. Especially if you change out the opmaps. Owners AND reviewers all agree.

19. GeneralClaymore

GeneralClaymore Active Member

You could force the install of the vista 32bit drivers on your 64bit vista. I did for a while but i decide to roll back over to 32bit vista il 64bit vista drivers come out.

20. DJShamrock

DJShamrock New Member

I finally just ripped my X-Fi out and my PC runs stable. No freezing during games even with settings maxed. I RMA's my Xtrememusic and got the Extremegamer but they won't take my Xtreme gamer back so I sold it for $50 to a friend. I am getting the Meridian when I can afford it.