Auzentech X-Meridian Specs

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by ROBSCIX, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Nightowl225

Nightowl225 New Member

I'm going to be getting the Sondigo Inferno 7.1 within the next few weeks. It uses the same chip as the X-Meridian. Figured I would upgrade to it, from my 8768+ based Montego DDL, which is a great card.

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

My opinion is if you can gather up the extra money get the X-Meridian 7.1. You can change the Opams and that fact alone make alot of diffenece. I put in new LM4562's and this card is just freakin' unbeleivable now. The XM is the one to buy man, even if you have to save a little longer you will be happier in the end. There is more to the card then just the Audio controller, there is also the DAC's which are better on the XM and the Opamps. Which as I said you can use whichever you like..
    IF you decide to get one of the others though can you tell us what you think of it?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  3. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Did you get your new card yet?

4. Nightowl225

Nightowl225 New Member

Ordered me the HT OMEGA Claro, uses the 8788HD chip on Friday night. It has the following DAC's,

AK4396VF
    WM8785

I'll be getting my new card on Wednesday.

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Keep us poasted and give us a review. The Creative guys HATE these new 8788 based cards becasue they are just killer for sound quality. For some cards such as the X-Meridian the X-fi cannot compete even in it's best form. These are reviews I have gotten from X-fi users. Well objectionably better for games becasue of the closed EAX standard, for pure sound quality they are lacking when put up against alot of these cards.

6. Nightowl225

Nightowl225 New Member

Note those DAC's are the same as on the Sondigo Inferno 7.1. Card won't actually arrive until Thursday.

The HTOMEGA Claro is one of the few CMEDIA based soundcards with COAX digital out, as well as optical, for easier connection to my stereo that does Dolby Digital decoding, if I decide to hook it up to my stereo. Found out from HT OMEGA, that HT OMEGA will have the non beta Windows Vista 64 8788 drivers for the HT OMEGA Claro soundcard from CMEDIA next month.

I have the feeling, I'm going to just love the card. I don't care that it can't do EAX HD, as I do gaming all the time on my 8768+ Montego DDL all the time, and really like the sound quality on it. I prefer CMEDIA based cards now over anything Creative has to offer. Yes, I'll post a review of it here.

7. Nightowl225

Nightowl225 New Member

Got my HT OMEGA Claro, installed it and used the November drivers from CMEDIA, and I just love the card. I set the DSP in to Dolby Pro Logic II mode, for surround sound. No need for me to buy a new speaker set.

It sounds way better than my Montego DDL. Ripped MP3's from Beyond The Minds Eye by Jan Hammer, and they sound much better on my HT OMEGA Claro than on the Montego DDL. Games even sound better on my HT OMEGA Claro than on the Montego DDL.

I'm glad I got my HT OMEGA Claro, spending the extra money to get the HT OMEGA Claro was worth it. No need for me to get the X-Meridian and go changing the amps, not with the card sound this great.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  8. ronnn

ronnn New Member

I know I should know this, but what is an Opams?

9. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

i think he meant "opamps" operatial amplifiers - these are the devices that boost the audio signal up to line level (-10dBV) to send out to your speakers

ronnn likes this.
  10. ronnn

ronnn New Member

Thankyou muchly for this reply. I am getting this sound card very soon. Was planning on running it through a regulation home audio type 6.1 amplifier. I have a panasonic booting around. Is this what is meant? Am going to mix and match speakers, hoping it will work out well for music and movies.

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

X-Tension Din Board Coming soon

You guys that own the X-Meridian have no doubt been waiting as I have for the release of the X-tension board that adds further features and high resolution I/O to our X-Meridian 7.1's.
    The Auznetech sit has released updated information regarding this X-Tension board so Let's hope it will be released anyday now. Have a Look:

http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-tension_din.php

This board add some impressive features for such a small add-on

Mic Preamplifier
    1) Peak level : 0dBFS @ -40dBV
    2) Gain Adjustment : Gain +20dB up
    3) 5V power supply (Condenser Mic)
    4) Connector Type : 1/4” TRS Input
    MIDI I/O
    1) 1-in, 1-out 16 MIDI channels in and out
    2) Connector Type : MIDI Standard MIDI 5-pin DIN
    Digital In
    1) Connector Type : RCA or Optical Combo
    2) Format : IEC-60958 Consumer(S/PDIF)
    3) Sampling Rate :44.1,48,96,192kHz
    4) Resolution : 24-bit
    Digital Out
    1) Connector Type : RCA or Optical Combo
    G9 Digital Out
    1) Connector Type : 9-pin Mini Din Jack

I will post the release date when I see it...

12. ronnn

ronnn New Member

Guess I have to get this card soon. That extender thing looks pretty cool. Anyone know how much latency when using this stuff? I mean if I lay down a sound track and than play it while playing guitar over it - will the the delay kill me?

13. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Delay shouldn't be a issue at all. Most audio programs can be optimized and setup for near realtime sound.

14. ronnn

ronnn New Member

Thanks