AVIVO Preview in CCC = Error

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Dyre Straits, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I've been installing a new Windows XP Pro SP2, updated and trying to get things back to a stable condition.

After installing the latest CAT 7.1s w/CCC and the AVIVO Codecs, I get an error when viewing the AVIVO animation in CCC. It causes an error when I go to the Adjustments option.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

[​IMG]

EDIT: It appears I'm not alone. ATI Engineers are aware of it....

MMACEPrev.exe Support Topic

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  2. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

I haven't seen that... Just installed fresh xp and cat 7.1...

3. rhyinem

rhyinem AMD Staff

I haven't seen that either. I've done plenty of fresh installs over the past few weeks. Did you load all of the windows updates and put .net 2.0 in?

4. Dyre Straits

When I say that I've been installing Windows XP Pro SP2 updated I think that pretty much covers it. But, just to be very clear, yes, all the updates including .NET 1.1, its patches, .NET 2.0 and its updates, and .NET 3.0 have ALL been installed. There are no more Windows Updates detected for this current system. It's "updated". ;)

DirectX9.0c is also "updated" to the latest February release.

The motherboard chipsets and BIOS are all "updated" to the latest releases.

There are no more newer drivers for this system that I can find anywhere and I've been working on this for over three days.

So, since ATI engineers are aware of this problem, it seems it's not mine alone. So, I'm taking a wait-and-see approach to it at the moment. Maybe the Cat 7.2s will fix it.

5. Dyre Straits

ATTN: ATI Engineers!!

I have uncovered the source of the problem as mentioned above.

Having Ray Adam's ATT running and active while viewing the AVIVO animation is what caused this problem for my rig. I have ATT set to show FPS for my games and the FPS were showing in the AVIVO animation.

I exited the ATT program and was able to view, switch between, and pretty much make any changes I wanted to make without there being even the first Windows Error message.

So, it's NOT an ATI/AMD problem but something that's caused by having Ray Adam's ATT running at the same time.

One thing that ATT requires is to turn off the ATI HotKey Poler...if that's anything that needs to be considered.

So, anyone else who likes to use ATT, please check out whether this same error occurs as described above.

Thanks!

6. AndyMutz

AndyMutz Member

yepp, i've been having this error for some months now.
    i already figured out at some point that it only happens when ATT is running, but it doesn't really bother me as i don't need that AVIVO preview just as i don't need the 3D preview..

-andy-