b2b plugin

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by monohouse, Oct 29, 2008.

1. monohouse

monohouse New Member

I was wondering if this plugin is still relevant in the latest version for 10k1, if so should it be used pre or post ? or pre and post before and after every plugin ?

2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

AFAIK, the b2b plugin serves no purpose for 10k1 cards... In any case, the b2b plugin should no longer be necessary.

3. babinosman

babinosman New Member

Is it possible to make a guide for the plug ins?I mean two lines for every plug in.what it does and where to put it...
    I think this will help, a lot of us.

4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Similar topics have been discussed many times... There is no "where to put it", since there are many possibilities, depending on how you want to use the plugin, what the source audio is, what the destination is, and if you want other effects in the chain, etc (such answers can only be given with specific questions that include all of the above info). The best thing to do is to learn how the DSP works, and you should be able to figure out for yourself where to place most plugins.

As for what the plugins do, most of them are fairly standard, and thus a simple search on the internet should provide the answer (and 2 lines would hardly be enough for many of the plugins).

i.e.
    DSP Fx page
    Harmony Central - Effects Explained

If you search this forum for the thread where the plugin was actually released, you will usually find a more detailed description of the plugin, and how to use it. Additionally, with plugins that may not be well documented, if you search this forum you just might find that someone already asked about it and was given an answer.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  5. babinosman

babinosman New Member

Russ i agree with what you said.And many thanks for the links you provided.
    But I had in my mind,something like a place where most of the plugins ,that comes with the bundle version of kx,are explained.
    Right now i can't think a possible way of giving us ,the users, the opportunity to have this data stored somewhere.And whenever a user wants to add a plugin explanation just point to the plugin and describe it.Like a mini Plugin FAQ.

6. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I understand what you mean, and anyone is free to do it (or course) if they like, but it has been discussed before and no one has done it as of yet, so...

7. babinosman

babinosman New Member

:) ok i see now.I get the point ;) I think i want to give it a try and see if people here willing to help....

8. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Sure, if someone set up a web page that listed all the plugins, and allowed other people to add/edit the plugin description, I imagine that other people would be willing to help fill in some of the descriptions, etc (although some plugins are tricky to explain (i.e. compressors), and thus for such plugins it is often better for people to just look up the info).