Baldur's Gate new expansion...

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by jandarsun8, Apr 5, 2016.

1. jandarsun8

jandarsun8 Active Member

This may be old news, I didn't really look through the post so sorry if it is. I don't know if anyone still plays Baldur's Gate anymore but there is the new Enhanced Edition of the game by Beamdog, who has some of the original developers. Beamdog has released a new expansion pack for Baldur's Gate. The game has been out for 17 yrs and with the EE, it's still a very playable game. I must of dumped hundreds of hours into the original and have another 77 hours posted on Steam with the new edition so figured I'd mention something about it. They've also redone BB2 and Icewind dale with patch fixes for both, fixed quest lines, additional characters and storylines and updated resolutions.

New expansion is 20$ U.S. but worth it, to me at least, to support a small company trying to bring the love back to an old series.

The site for the new expansion is here
    http://www.siegeofdragonspear.com/

No, I don't have stock in them or anything else, I just really love the series. It brings back a lot of memories and it's still fun as hell to play. :D

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Baldur's Gate was the game that gave me my current screen name. :) (Note the correct spelling of the title. ;) )

3. jandarsun8

jandarsun8 Active Member

lol yeah, I messed that one up. :p

Wow, I spelled it wrong all the way through too...

Dyre Straits likes this.
  4. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I was really new to video games when my son gave me a copy of the game. I had a lot of frustration with it at the first. So, I asked him to help me through a very difficult section. He sat down at the keyboard and, as soon as the battle was ready, he pressed the SPACE BAR to PAUSE the game.

I said, "You mean you can PAUSE THE GAME!??" :)

I had been trying to play it in real time. LOL!

5. jandarsun8

jandarsun8 Active Member

lol that's funny as hell. It's a little hard to play like that. :D

When kobalds come running up to you and go "I'm Larry and this is my brother Daryl and this is my other brother Daryl." it's all good. :p