Basic RadLinker Guide

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by TwistedMetal, Feb 16, 2004.

1. crlorentzen

crlorentzen New Member

has anyone else noticed that the version number on the about page has not been bumped? Just wondering if it is only me.

2. ChrisW

ChrisW New Member

3. Arraso

Arraso New Member

RadLinker don't works with Cat 5.5?

Here in my rig I installed Radlinker but nothing happens. No menu, no program...

4. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Works with Cat 5.5 here on a R9800pro. Try rebooting, uninstalling RadLinker and installing again. Or if you used some modified driver package before installing Catalyst 5.5 then perhaps running DriverCleaner could take care of an eventual conflict.

5. Arraso

Arraso New Member

I already do that and even so RadLinker is not installed with success here.

When finishing the installation, seemingly it is everything OK. The program appears in the menu Add/Remove Programs. But it is not integrated into the shell, in Windows. Therefore, I cannot access it.

omfg :(

ATI Tray Tools sux...

6. ChrisW

ChrisW New Member

If it worked before uninstalling the drivers, it should work after uninstalling it too. Try uninstalling RadLinker, reboot, then reinstall it. Are you installing a different version? What graphics card do you have installed?

7. oj213

oj213 L.A Pimpin!

What should Z Buffer Depth be set to under DirectX? :confused:

8. AirJarhead

AirJarhead New Member

Hey Chris,

Sorry you aren't going to be updating RadLinker anymore (Read on Omegadrive's site). I like it a lot better than ATI TrayTools.

9. ChoGGi

ChoGGi Well-Known Member

same here
    i didnt like it at first, but once i found out how useful it is. well im sorry to see it go :(
    hehe i might not like radclocker, but radlinker is a thing of beauty.

10. ChrisW

ChrisW New Member

I may or may not update RadLinker in the future. I'm pretty burned out right now and it seems nobody is interested in a tweaker that does not run in the background and eat up resources anymore. I spent a lot of time writing a new 64 bit version and only got one response, so I think now is probably a good time to stop. No point in writing software just for myself.

11. ChoGGi

ChoGGi Well-Known Member

i had a moment of silence and smoked a pipe to memories of radlinker, it was a good one and hopefully will be in the future.

12. AirJarhead

AirJarhead New Member

I hope you do. Tray Tools might have more settings, but I have no clue what half of the do, and I HATE things that run in the background. Your little tweaker is HANDS DOWN the easiest way to make different profiles for each game. Your software was half the reason I liked Oega's drivers so much. I guarantee I will be using your last version until it just won't work any more.
    BTW:
    I've noticed that if I have the control panel set to application preference for AA, and then set 4x AA in the radlinked game shortcut, the game does not use any AA unless I change the game resolution to something other than the desktop resolution. If I set 4x AA in the control panel, and set 4xAA in the game exe, it works in the desktop resolution. However, if I set app pref in the game exe (with radlinker), it still uses 4x AA. So it seems like the control panel over-rides Radlinker if you play the game in the same res as the desktop. This only seems to have happened in the last few driver sets (maybe since the 5.xx drivers).

Thanks for the great utility Chris, hope it continues. Maybe there wasn't much response for the 64 bit version because a lot of people haven't switched over yet.

13. swatX

swatX ba|\|\|ed

hey chrisW maybe you can make a program thats like simillar to nHancer? you know a seprate profiling system for ATI which can include some of the settings that directX tweaker has?

14. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Check the "Mode Change" box in the 3D tab of the game profile.

Exactly. I would have jumped on testing any version of it if only I could. On top of that some who do have WinXP x64 might keep gaming on regular WinXP for a while.

15. Flatline

Flatline New Member

Radlinker's the best and easiest tweaker out there, and I hate having 10 billion things loading into the system tray. It's a shame that you wont be developing it any longer... but as for the weak response re: Xp x64 well, you are looking at a tiny subset of people who actually use that OS, and then a subset of THEM who are using ATI cards, a subset of them who use Xp64 for gaming, and then a subset of THEM who actually read this forum... I'm not surprised you got few responses.

Anyway, I hope Radlinker continues to work for new driver versions. If not, any chance of going open source to let someone else continue to work on it?

16. ixfazed

ixfazed New Member

Hey Chris,

If your still looking for beta testers for x64 RadLinker hit me up, I'm very eager. The current one works pretty well, with the exception for the Battlefield 2 executable. Explorer would crash repeatedly, although I did find a ghetto workaround.

I've decided to make Windows x64 my only OS. It has been running for nearly 2 months almost flawlessly. And I used RadLinker for every game. Tried ATI Tray Tools one day, and it was chuck full of features that I would not use and did not want to dedicate a spot of my systray to it. It was uninstalled less than an hour.

If your still interested in your project (of which I loved so much in x86), I can give you webhosting too (www.r-x2.net) so you can get off that Brinkster garbage. If your interested at all, hit me up on aim (ixfazed) or email (ixfazed@gmail.com) or here.

Mike

17. oj213

oj213 L.A Pimpin!

Just wanted to post that I appreciate all the hard work u have put into Radlinker. It's by far the easiest tweaker I have used on my ATI card and makes gaming so much easier with custom profiles (Something ATI themselves cant get right). I hope u realize alot of people love and enjoy your work so much and u continue updating Radlinker. [​IMG]:):eek:

18. ChoGGi

ChoGGi Well-Known Member

if you want to try radlinker x64 scroll up the download link is in post 202

19. AirJarhead

AirJarhead New Member

Why doesn't Radlinker (changing AA settings) work with Battlefield 2?