Basic RadLinker Guide

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by TwistedMetal, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Flatline

Flatline New Member

Posted this problem in the Omega drivers threads, but it seems to be a Radlinker problem. Am I the only one having this issue?

When I enable custom settings or create a radlink for a game, then boost the gamma or brightness for the radlink, it launches the game fine with the increased gamma. Then, when I quit the game, the gamma gets set back to normal. *BUT* it's not really set back to normal... if you look in the control panel, it's still set to the higher number and will immediately brighten the screen once you quit the control panel.

This happens with both the Omega version and the standalone Radlink with plain vanilla ATI drivers. It's not a huge deal, but it is annoying, because when you reboot the brightness/gamma gets displayed at the increased value because it was never reset properly by the radlink.

2. ChrisW

ChrisW New Member

That should be fixed in the test version I posted a couple posts up (2.028). Let me know if it isn't.

3. Flatline

Flatline New Member

Nope, still does the same thing.

*update* correction, now it works fine. Still seems a little confused on rebooting but it does fix itself.

I have *no* idea what the problem was. After switching back to ATI vanilla cat's I noticed a sluggish feeling, so I ran dxdiag and found agp texture acceleration had been disabled. Installed updated mobo chipset inf's, ran the smartgart utility (where agp read and write was disabled for some reason), retested and enabled them, rebooted many times, eventually got it re-enabled in dxdiag. And after all that, the test Radlinker successfully changes gamma/brightness back when a game ends. Totally bizarre!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  4. truthknown

truthknown New Member

Yeah I do use a registry cleaner. I use the advanced system optimizer. However, If i remove radlinker, the popups go away, and when i install it i see the popups regardless of if I use the registry cleaner or not before or after. How could i fix this problem?

5. petri1

petri1 New Member

maybe this is a stupid question but i have to ask

what the heck is AI in radlinker?

should i disable it or should i leave it as it is what does it do anyway?

i have a R9800PRO with GIGCUBE EXTREME BIOS 398/351 will any change in AI boost my performance???

6. truthknown

truthknown New Member

I keep getting these warnings in the Application Event Viewer logs...

Detection of product '{238ABEB6-42D2-4DD7-9928-DE8431519C61}', feature '_MainFeature' failed during request for component '{FD739813-3020-4F5E-856E-C3E9304A44D4}'

I think this is the cause of my problems but i dont know how to fix this...

7. ChrisW

ChrisW New Member

Some part of the RadExe.dll module is being removed. Windows Installer should run and reinstall any missing parts automatically.

8. jafaro

jafaro New Member

Hi, I am having an issue with all ur versions of radlinker, it will oveclock fine but when I go into standby and then resume the screen becomes all messed up or sometimes won;t come on. Now this will not happen if I do not overclock OR I use the original mutiplier (6.75), it would be really nice if this could be fixed. I have a Mobility Radeon 9600 Pro (I have also tried many diferent drivers including omegas, dna, ati, optz, unian, ect

9. jafaro

jafaro New Member

if it helps I only have these issues after the catalyst 4.8 (of any driver) (4.8 works, 4.9 and up don;t)

10. truthknown

truthknown New Member

Windows installer is running, but it is running all the time! There are also events in the logs that say Radlinker configuration successful, but it still keeps running the installer like 3 times in a row for every application i run, every popup menu i bring up, everything... On startup of windows, forget it... it runs like 50 times, 3 for each application or process that is starting up. It increases my startup time trifold!

11. SwordStorm

SwordStorm New Member

I'm using the newest Omegadrivers for my ATI Radeon 9500 Pro, and I dled the Radlinker fix mentioned on the main page, however on both the version bundled with it and the new fixed ver of radlinker, changes made in both the control panel AND in a radlinker shortcut for a game are NOT being applied, dispite me telling it to force a certain setting (ie 6x AA) it is having no affect. Ideas anyone

Also, why the heck isnt there a restore to defaults in the radlinker control panel! and I really hope someone writes up what all the dif settings actually mean ie 6xT3 vs 6x or 6xT2 etc

12. Arraso

Arraso New Member

It's just me or RadLinker don't works with Catalyst CCC 5.1?

Installed RadLinker here, but nothing happens. There are not "radlinkers", or something like that... :(

13. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Try it with the non-CCC driver. With something like RadLinker you'd most likely do better without CCC anyway.

14. iLLestOne

iLLestOne New Member

Maybe I'm stupid, but is there anywhere that acually tells you what all the settings in radlinker are? i know there was one for rage3d tweak, but I forgot where that was too....

Also, could someone post a SS of the "advanced options" on default w/ omega 4.12 drivers. I can't remember if I changed anything, but would like to have it how he intened :)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  15. shadowcatcher

shadowcatcher New Member

Is advanced 3d tab available only when omega drivers are installed? Would like to enable GI and mess with AI without need for any other tweaker ....

16. Tiribulus

Tiribulus New Member

Someone may correct me, but I think you can only adjust AI either with CCC or the Omega drivers.
    >>>--Tiribulus->

17. shadowcatcher

shadowcatcher New Member

Drivers have it in ... Old control panel does not expose this setting, if I'm thinking wright.
    Was wondering if Radlinker would expose this with no Omega drivers installed, just regular Catalyst? Is there a way to enable this? I like Omega's, but that apply settings dialog when changing display from single to clone mode on TV bothers me.

18. ChrisW

ChrisW New Member

I've added an option for you to choose which layout you want in the latest version.

19. ChrisW

ChrisW New Member

You can get help on a specific item by clicking on the question mark (?) in the upper right hand corner then clicking on the item you need info on.

20. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Excellent. :)
    Just a note, the TAA threshold defaulted to 256. Try making it 60(Hex:3C) if possible.