Battlefield 2 Community Update - 6/30/05

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by No_Style, Jul 1, 2005.

1. No_Style

No_Style Styleless Wonder

Update 1.01 Coming Soon
    That's right, the first Battlefield 2 Update is coming your way very soon. We've kept quiet about this update so far, but today we're going to reveal the major fixes coming with the Update. The best part is, every fix in this update is a result of Community feedback on the demo and retail game release.

Fixes

-Fixed issues that caused the Multiplayer Browser to become unresponsive.

We've added some new functionality and buttons to the Multiplayer Browser that make finding an open game of Battlefield 2 much, much easier. Issues users have encountered involving zero ping servers or browser hangs have all be addressed.

-Fixed an issue where some game controls were not available to be rebound within the Options menu.

Some functions previously were not available to be rebound in the Controls Options menus. These items have been added to make rebinding of functions much easier.

-Fixed a crash with rebinding LMB

Users who rebind the Left Mouse Button to "Move forward" rejoice!

With these fixes and more, it should be much easier to get in to a game of Battlefield 2 and that much easier to play it the way you want to play it. Look for this update to be deployed into battle some time next week!

Linux Server Build
    Many of you have made us aware of issues with the previously released retail Linux server (2442) in both 32-bit and 64-bit environments. DICE has finished work on a replacement build and QA has been working hard to validate something that we can release to the community. Our goal is to get a fully operational version of the Linux server out to the Community ASAP. Stay tuned to this spot for updates.

BF2 Editor Update
    Those of you who have been watching this space over the last couple of weeks are aware the BF2 Editor was intended to be released to the Community by the end of June. While we feel we are on the homestretch now in terms of being able to release a complete Battlefield 2 Mod Development Toolkit, we will not be able to meet our previously stated goal. At this time, we are committed to getting the Open Beta of the Battlefield 2 Editor released some time in July. Stay tuned to this space for more details.

Advanced Tactical Center for Battlefield 2 Releasing!
    Tomorrow marks the initial release to the community of a tool built by Foolish Entertainment especially for Battlefield 2 - the Advanced Tactical Center for Battlefield 2. This easy to use tool allows your clan to communicate tactics easily and evolve them together in real time! There are also some new tools to the ATC like "zoom", "export tactic" and a "Custom Map Wizard" that builds upon the already large library of tools! Create and manage your squad before even joining a server with ATC. For more information on ATC, visit www.foolishentertainment.com

Have a great 4th everybody!

2. No_Style

It doesn't look like much, but still appreciated greatly by me, especially the first two

3. nitrousoxide52

nitrousoxide52 Driverheaven.com err .net

HALLELUJIA, no more linux server crashing bug, finally, linux servers always have the best pings but you almost always crash halfway through the game which sucks :sigh:

4. nitrousoxide52

Hey, where'd you get that cool sig that shows all of your stats? Does it dynamicaly update em' like the xfire sig too? That's awsome if it does. :)

5. MSX

MSX Burning the frozen...

So, they are fixing the problems with the browser. Bah, bigger bugs are present in the game engine.

Packet loss most notibly. The demo was never this bad. Players bouncing around even when I have a 30 ping. Thats whayt they need to fix.

6. crapman777

crapman777 New Member

finally ea are releasing a patch based on COMMUNITY FEEDBACK!!!

As i have read somewhere before, if bf1942 is anything to go by, there will be a lot of patch releases to fix the game, and get in some new maps and such.

Still, nice to see EA cares about its gaming community....
    Till next time.

7. bananaman

bananaman banana muncher

i am hoping they fix the bug where i join a PB server and after 10 secs or so it hangs my whole comp

on non PB and single player it is fine

this is the worst release of of any game i have ever bought - it should still be in beta for testing

well i suppose i will have to wait until 1.1 patcgh

8. Y2Stu

Y2Stu Member

i had that punkbuster error and all i did to fix it was to update punkbuster

9. bananaman

bananaman banana muncher

well i will give that another go tonight

i so hope it fixes it

a lot

did you just follow the instructions form PBs website?

10. Lakevren

Lakevren MedicalEntropy

I've seen worst releases. *coughsoldnercough*

11. No_Style

www.bf2tracker.com

I made it there. It does dynamically update :)

12. crapman777

crapman777 New Member

yeah nice sig, no style, but i noticed the stats havent changed since i checked a few hours ago, since your last post lol..... :)

13. No_Style

I haven't played since a few hours ago! :D I was sleeping. But they do change... I used to have a 1.05 Kill/Death Ratio when I made the sig, but then I spent a few hours with BF2 and I got it to 1.13. I intend to be playing a lot with the setup I have now, so my stats won't be changing a lot except for the Kill/Death Ratio and the TeamScore

14. crapman777

crapman777 New Member

hehe just poking at you.
    wish my kill death ratio could get above 1 hehe
    i hope this patch comes out soon.
    i hate using gamespy

15. nitrousoxide52

Same here :p , but now that I'm lance corp, and have my uber rifle, I can kill anyone with 2 shots (G3) [​IMG]