Battlefield 2 Discussion !

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by morx, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Ubergrendle

Ubergrendle Semper ubi sub ubi

demo is good measure

The demo is a VERY good gauge of how good the game is... if you like the demo, you'll like the full fledged game.

I can get decent points regularly as a medic, but get pwned with every other class. :(

2. Logla

Logla Well-Known Member

Well I've been playing for the last couple of hours on a variety of servers and I have to say that this game is getting me extremely frustrated.

Today, every game I have played on has been crap. No-one actually works in a team (even though everyone has joined a squad)

During the week, I was scoring 30-40 points per round consistantly but now I'm lucky to hit 10.

It seems you have to get onto the right server at the right time in order for this game to be fun, otherwise its just a pile of crap.

3. skinlab

skinlab Got Satan?

lots of people join squads to rack up points, they dont necessarily have to work with the squad

i personally like acting as commander, you get to give the orders :p

racked up some major points that way today, which is good. then i got kicked because a squad member wanted to join the server (squad hosted server that is).... i was doing way too good for the squad members on the other team, which is just plain odd lol

4. HawgsHead

HawgsHead Rest In Peace

"A fool has said in his heart there is no God".....Psalm 14:1

5. quakerjtf

quakerjtf New Member

It sucks when you call for a ride or a medic 50 times and no one comes. Some dickhead revived me when I was killed but didn't give me any health so I died 2 seconds later. I'm just gonna be a freelancer like in every other game where team work fails.

6. HawgsHead

HawgsHead Rest In Peace

I'm bord as hell with it and am looking for something else to play.

7. br00ksintexas

br00ksintexas New Member

I love this game. I agree, though. Teamwork on most servers is limited to either the clan itself, or it's non-existent. I play on the AGE (Adult Gaming Elite) server. It's usually older players, who typically work as teams, and we have really good, clean games. The only thing bad I've noticed with the game, is that lately there's been a LOT of lag on most of the servers. When I was playing once earlier today, the AGE server went down, then when people started filtering back in, everyone was experiencing major lag and stutter. My frame rate had dropped ( and I so don't understand this) from 40 plus to less than 5, depending on which direction I was facing. I came here to read the forums for a while, then tried again, and it was working a lot better.

8. nitrousoxide52

nitrousoxide52 Driverheaven.com err .net

Wait for the revision of the patch, it will all be better, even teamwork, it's hard to have teamwork when you don't even know where your team is because it is so laggy.

9. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

IT SUCKS BEING COMMANDER!

I'm a pretty smart guy and drop artillery only when my teammates arent near it but the idiots always run right into it ignoring the "Artillery in your area" warning then once they die like fools I get punished. Always end the maps with top kills but - points due to that.

Another thing! Why is it so obviously given away when artillery is coming down on an enemy? You can tell instantly by the sound its coming down on you this makes it friggen hard to actually hit someone without them taking off immediately.

10. quakerjtf

quakerjtf New Member

Yeah I hope they get the hotfix out soon because I'm not gonna reinstall the game again, especially since I put the disk away.

11. skinlab

skinlab Got Satan?

good one! :uhoh:

i dont preach to others not to believe in god, so i dont want others to preach to me about his existence.

back on topic now.

12. No_Style

No_Style Styleless Wonder

I haven't touched BF2 in a few days, especially since the patch. I didn't encounter memory leaks, but I've just been tangled up with Guild Wars. :D When I was playing, I've been playing on Ranked servers only. I figured that most people would work as a team when "stats" are on the line. For the most part, that is true.

I've played as the commander and I've faired quite well. I've taken the number one spot on my team on several occasions. When playing as commander, I find myself hiding somewhere and spending a long period of time constantly deploying UAVs, supplies and artillery strikes. To rack up the kills with the artillery, you shouldn't place the center on the people, because the first strike is never on center.

13. Stop It

Stop It HHs' Resident Kitty Lover

Well, Ive just had the best fun in BF2 ever just then, I went into a server, formed a team of 3 in a helicopter, gunned EVERYTHING, in sight down, took 10 minutes just for one of us to get killed, the first time I have ever topped a server, and great fun, I honestly didnt have faith in teamwork in BF2 until then, i'm starting to like BF2, a lot :D

14. quakerjtf

quakerjtf New Member

Helicopter attacks are fun, being a pilot or gunner. That minigun is extremely precise too.

15. tek

tek New Member

All I gotta say is this game is absolutely amazing, probably one of the best games I have ever played in my life

Runs wonderfully on my 9800 pro, 1 gig of DDR, 2.8ghz P4 -- but with 4xAF forced and with most settings on Low in the game with the exception of Geometry which stays on medium

Game runs flawlessly and I love it!

16. nitrousoxide52

nitrousoxide52 Driverheaven.com err .net

Secret to getting tons of points: Go to the map Strike At Karkand, choose assault on the team MEC, run up the hill to the west(? I'll check later), take out people with the grenade launcher if anyone is even there, rarely there is, then there is a TOW missile there. Use it to take out infantry, and vehicles as they drive down the road :evil:. They won't even know where you are [​IMG].

17. quakerjtf

quakerjtf New Member

The M95 kicks ass.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2005
  18. nvidia_4ever

nvidia_4ever New Member

i hate the fact that i can't play a 64 man map in SP:mad: . I have a Sli RIG that can easily handle the heat. Shame on you EA.:sigh:

19. quakerjtf

quakerjtf New Member

You can play 64 map SP, and your processor is what takes the heat.

20. Logla

Logla Well-Known Member

yup, just gotta find the right mod.