Battlefield 2142 Beta Started!!

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Vehicon, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Vehicon

Vehicon The Cable Guy

Beta started today guys! Im hearing that the keys for this round are already filled, BUT more will be released this week or next. Been playing it for about 30 mins, must say im loving it!! Check out Fileplanet for more info on the beta.

2. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

(This is why 1.4 battle field 2 patch was probubly dealayed, wich is RETARDED)

3. Brutality

Brutality Active Member

Hahahah. They said "Open Beta". The hell it is open, when you gotta pay for this shit to Fileplanet. Though, i'm anxious to check out that piece of shit game, i'm not anxious to buy it. I just wanna see, what crap is EA gonna rub on us now. That's it :)

4. MiDri

MiDri New Member

I just signed up for a cheapo fileplanet account and signed up for beta -- Hopefully I can get in next week...

5. INSTG8R

INSTG8R New Member

Whenever I hear about BF 2142 I always chuckle because I know EA only raced to get this one out because they felt threatened by QW:ET...which I think if and when it comes out will stomp BF in any form. I have recently become hooked on Red Ochestra as it has at least some semblance of realism. I "had" BF2 and SF but had my fill after about 6-7 Months and gave it to my nephew.

6. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

It's funny cause despite paying for an account you probably won't get a key. Anyway, it strikes me as odd to pay to be in a beta twice...once for the closed beta and then again when you buy the retail game and it takes 6 months before Dice patches the bugs. I'm still in BF2 beta myself. :x

7. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

it been almost year and we are still waiting on BF2 to be fixed

8. MiDri

MiDri New Member

If you ore-register before monday keys are guaranteed.

9. Customgamer1

Customgamer1 Fell off the tech wagon

Hey I am in the same beta you are. Next time remind me that paying $50 for a beta is not worth it. Why should anyone buy this new game? It's based on the same engine as bf2 so nothing but more bugs can come from this game?

I might have to spend another $50 to paly with my friends on yet another beta... Maybe one day EA will release a bf2 game like madden and spend some quality time on it so it does NOT SUCK. The basic game is cool and fun but all the bugs and lag issues really take a tole.

10. skinlab

skinlab Got Satan?

besides the occasional crash and the minor in-game glitches, i dont see what the big problem is with BF2
    it's a good game which is bound to get better, all i read on forums though is people complaining about how shitty the game is

simple answer to a simple problem - dont play it, and save your whining to yourself, please.

11. MiDri

MiDri New Member

I'm the same way, I have no problems with BF2 -- Truthfully as many people as I see playing online I really think the people having problems are a small minority.

12. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

i was playing the beta an hour after the release and there is no point to this game.it has the same gameplay and feel of bf2.the skins and models are cool looking but not original at all.if you want to save some money just dl some good mods for bf2 and skip this crap.

13. Brutality

Brutality Active Member

Yeah. Point of Existence 2 is getting released on 26th. And there's USI's nex versions and Desert Combat coming. Playing for ages. I can live with those til Quake Wars comes out :)

14. DTwice

DTwice New Member

For the BF2142 Beta players here.. Post some more information please.. I want to know everything.. :)

15. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Sorry, but we can't, actually. It's a closed beta, and there is an NDA agreement in effect for it. It's hard to seperate what is, and what isn't against the NDA agreement. Pics for sure is against the NDA, and specific info on units, and the like are too.

In any case, if anyone does break the NDA they had better watch their backs, cuz EA is kicking out people from the beta if you break it, and personally I'd would like to keep my access for now.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  16. Customgamer1

Customgamer1 Fell off the tech wagon

Well if I had a beta account I would share everything. First off EA would never know who posted it?? Thats not possible. and second for all the crap I put up with if I had a beta account thats a way to say F you EA... I would post stuff under a different name in driverheaven so EA could never get me :) :) :) or just do it at the end??? Anyways I don't like EA so I could care less!

And third it would take me about a week of writing to fill my problems with the game if it's anything like bf2.

17. Lakevren

Lakevren MedicalEntropy

I'd like to know where the hell my key is...

Been waiting since August 18. And no, I don't have that "sorry blah blah ran out of keys" crap.

18. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

First set of keys were sent out already, and that was to a VERY small group of people. Even those were on a first come, first served basis. If you were not picked for the first batch, don't fret, cuz you still might be picked for the second. The second set should be out within a week or so, but one thing to remember is that there is no garuantee that you will get in just because your registered. The fact that the list of people that registered for it is probably huge, that Fileplanet is screening players for the beta (more for multiple entries, and specific specs), and that it's a closed beta as well, one can assume that there are only so many keys available... and actually, there are only so many available.