Battlefield Bad Company 2

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by greentry, Mar 15, 2010.

1. greentry

greentry New Member

its very tempting for me to purchase BF2 for the PC. :lol:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

It's a great game, worth the money. :)

3. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

I must say I'm quite pleased with the single player portion, no doubt the multiplayer must be awesome. If only this came out a few years ago I would be playing it hardcore.

4. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

Here is a scaled down Eyefinity shot of this one.

Click here

5. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

well played the single player on PC, was alright, have to say i wasn't as blown away as some people seem to have been..
    anyway, about to buy the kid a new 360 with Bad Company 2 Limited Edition bundled, maybe i'll enjoy it more on the big screen :)

6. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

I'm finally getting into this game a bit. The single player is fun, but nothing that I can't put down. Certainly not as good as MW2, in my opinion.

Multiplayer is where it's at. I'm finally getting the hang of it and racking up some points. One complaint I have is that it takes far to long to unlock better items, which leaves you at a huge disadvantage when compared to players who have progressed. Hell, with the first weapons available, I felt like I was throwing rocks with my eyes closed against some of the other players. Makes for a very frustrating few hours of gameplay.

back to MW2: I honestly don't see the comparison. The two games are vastly different; both in presentation and the mechanics of play. This is good for me, as I own both and Im glad one doesn't replace the other. i can choose which experience I feel like at that moment.

7. crowTrobot

crowTrobot Active Member

Anyone know how to take screenshots in this game?

I downloaded Fraps on their website (latest version is 3.2.2) and whenever I run it, BFBC2 exits immediately to desktop when I launch it (no crash errors, just straight unloads).

Anyone know why? I also can't seem to take screenshots using Xfire. Print screen just produces a blank white screen.

So far the only screenshots I can take are 3D screenshots via 3D vision.

Thanks in advance.

8. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

I just tested Fraps 3.2.2 and it worked fine with BFBC2

crowTrobot likes this.
  9. crowTrobot

crowTrobot Active Member

Thank you.

hmm the conflict might be somewhere else then.
    I tried with 3d vision on and off and same result.

EDIT:
    ah I finally found out what's going on!

It looks like BFBC2 does that if I have both MSI Afterburner and Fraps running at the same time (even though I don't have any OSD overlay with Afterburner running). This only happens with BFBC2 it seems, as CoD4 and Batman loaded fine.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  10. |2A|N

|2A|N SE7EN57

Battlefield Vietnam got me playing the series afterwards came BF2, 2142, it was such a blast to play and just blow stuff up.

I have not got my hands on Bad Company 2 yet, money is just to tight.

I'm glad to see people are enjoying it. It has highly addictive game play for sure.

11. Xeroeth

Xeroeth New Member

Yep, sure its worth the money they want for it. Game play is great and the campaign may not be the best but it really pulls you in :) Multiplayer in one word rocks :lol:

12. Vehicon

Vehicon The Cable Guy

New BFBC2 patch comes out tomorrow, for those oif you that play it.

13. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Great Game, worth every penny. Pc is the way to go as well.

Once you Get the AT4 and learn how to take out choppers by leading them, thats when it really gets fun.

also, about not having good enough guns to start. Use your 203 if you have to and play on hardcore. Hardcore will help even the odds

If anyone wants to add me its SFOSOK

14. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I never did get around to buying this game, but, with the Origin One-Year Celebration, I was able to get the digital download for free earlier tonight.

Have played a bit with it so far and enjoying it.

However, due to my right arm wanting to go to sleep when having to use the mouse so much, I tend to prefer using my 360 controller. It's a lot more comfortable and I can play for longer periods.

So, I did some searching and found the download for XPadder designed specifically for this game. Downloaded that, extracted it, started it in Vista SP2 Compatibility mode...as advised...and it's working like a charm. Just have to get a handle on the controls and which one does what. Doesn't take long, either.

If anyone is still interested, and wants to use their controller, I'll dig up the info if requested.

15. zackattack

zackattack New Member

battlefield is my favourite

16. Dyre Straits

I've been playing it in "shifts" between other games.

For those interested, the XPadder for the 360 controller is working really well for this game, too.

I know there are those who would criticize anyone using a controller on a FPS, but, it's gotten to the point where, when I have to use the mouse for extended periods, my arm goes to sleep. I have to take way too many breaks from the game even to be able to continue.

And, one other aspect of it is, I don't have to hunch over the keyboard and mouse, either. I can sit back comfortably in my chair and play without interruption.

For those who have played, I've made it to the point where the satellite has crashed landed and am now about to take out a chopper trying to hinder our mission.

17. Trusteft

Very fun FPS. If you haven't already, and if you enjoy it, try to play it on the hardest difficulty setting when you finish it. It makes it much better IMO.
    You have plenty of game left. About 1/3 IIRC.

18. Dyre Straits

It actually is quite fun for the most part. Just went from the freezing cold of the north to S. America.

The checkpoint system isn't too bad but there are a few where I'd have rather had one nearer to an event than what it was.

I've only had one instance... so far... where I had to use my mouse instead of the controller. Just never did figure out which of the buttons/triggers to use in order to take someone down with a knife. It's supposed to be the middle mouse button...but the Xpadder doesn't have it configured. I could probably bind it, but, so far, seldom use the knife.

EDIT: BTW, this game plays really nice with 3x1 Eyefinity. But, if I try to take a screenshot the game crashes. (Using FRAPS and the Prnt-Scn key for captures.)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  19. Dyre Straits

OK...one area is starting to get a bit frustrating. It involves taking out two Havocs while ground troop enemies are storming up from below. I've, so far, managed to take out one of the Havocs before I get blasted to smithereens.

And, it seems that, no matter where I try to find cover, they have X-ray vision on my position.

Quite annoying!

20. Trusteft

The castle level right? Yeah I remember having the same issue at first. IIRC what I did was fire at the first couple of troops, then rush for the missile weapon and take care of the helos. IIRC if you move to the top right position it is easier. But it is a long time since I played that level to remember by heart the exact tactic.