Best Driver for 9x?

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by HardwareHeaven, May 12, 2002.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

ok lets hear what you all think.

2. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Colour Commentator

Easy!

The 29.20 detonator series without the nView. ;)

(Oh...I'll vote for the 4.13.9021 set. They ran great on my old 32MB OEM Radeon DDR)

3. ToTalXS

ToTalXS New Member

hmmm...does it matter?

I havent had a problem with any of the drivers that I have installed......except for the first four I think buit after the 9020 they all seem to work well for me....but Im goin to try the 9031's from omega as soon as I download them.....peace

4. BigBear

BigBear New Member

So far, so good. Omegadrive's 2.4.31's are excellent so far.

5. Funkybuffalo

Funkybuffalo New Member

I'm really liking Omega's 31s. Image quality is supurb and I happen to like the overclocking utility that Omega bundled. It works perfect for my situation. When I want to game I overclock. When I'm not around and my wife uses the 'puter, it is 100% stable and I didn't have to clock it back.

I don't need all the bells and whisles of fancy utilities. I don't overclock my computer anymore (well 138 FSB, but that isn't really OCed now is it?:p) because I got sick of the noise and occasional instability and I don't overclock my card to the max because I don't want all the noisy cooling. So it really suits my needs.

Thanks for all the hard work.

6. Dathanja D

Dathanja D New Member

...best drivers for 9x... new Omega 31's!

Hey All,

Just had to get the word out to my 9x family...if you've not gotten the Omega 9031's yet..
    stop whatcha doin'...I've been using the Omegas for sometime now and I have to say that I think these are easily his best set of drivers for 9x users yet! I've seen such an overall speed
    and image quality increase I can hardly believe it... UT at 1280/1024 32bit runs so smooth I quit the game several times to make sure everything was ok with my settings... Morrowind I now play at 1600/1200 and it rocks... keep in mind this is all on a 'lowly' P3 800 /Asus P3BF/
    512MB/ Rad 8500 /not such a top notch rig...but...but.... Omega, keep doin' whatcha doin'!!!

7. skinlab

skinlab Got Satan?

well i installed ati's 31's and i didnt like them, so i installed omega's 31's, they're a bit faster, but in MOHAA i found that the 30's are much much faster, and MOHAA crashed on me 3 times last night, the 30's never did that, hence me reverting back to the 30's after i finish writing this post, which is just about.... now!

edit: forgot to mention, IQ on the 31's is better, but AF performance at 16x is just horrible in games like MOHAA, plus i had the stability issue, could be just me though. i just installed the 30's so it's all good. formatting next week to install 2k :)

8. forgiven

forgiven New Member

I really like the 31's but I pretty much just play counterstrike. The IQ is much improved...so much so the Aniso doesn't make too much difference so I will keep my 4-10 percent hit...;>)

Omegas have been good and have been trying all of them for about 3-4 months now

9. Mcrobrewer

Mcrobrewer New Member

I have been using the Omega .31 drivers and they are excellent... For the first time in a while all of my game work properly!!!

Thanks again for the excellent work. :D

10. Billy

Billy Guest

yeah thanks I like the sets you guys made based on the 6071 set.

11. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

The Official ATI 9016 drivers for win98se are the ONLY Radeon drivers so far that I have found that run ALL my games. All others have D3D T+L issues.