Best new CPU Vote!

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by The_Neon_Cowboy, Jun 27, 2006.

?

Best CPU

1. AMD - X2 - on the AM2 socket

16 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. Intel Conroe

29 vote(s)
    64.4%
  1. Alien1

Alien1 Banned

Yea if you are "Rich" enough to spend money just burn it
    and then advertising yourself with your new PC in the Forums

Not because you really need the upgrade but for hobby and for advertising yourself to the others

I have A SUPER Newer PC = I Have Larger E-Pen*s from you
    That's your idea right ?

Well Ok, your ideas are good for you but certainly not for me

You stated your opinion and i stated mine

Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  2. swimtech

swimtech Well-Known Member

Indeed, the latest round of price cuts make this debate much more interesting... Leaving game benchmarks aside, the performance still appears to go to Core 2, but now the costs of mainboard and features on those boards matters more now too - its becoming more of a platform issue (this week... :lol: ).

3. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

well need to got DDR either way you go, so either way its a new mobo, new cpu and new memory.
    Would of stayed with AMD for my secoon rig but the 15% RESOCK + SHIPPING i might as well keep
    it and forget about it... since i alrady order the motherboard just a few days before the price cuts.
    makeing me very angry. I so would of went AM2.. oh well money wise it mean it would cost me the same $ either way when slapped with restock...

4. PC_Inquisitor

PC_Inquisitor New Member

Yeah, it could be like an "LOOK how large my E-pen0s will be" contest, but, all the people who stay in the computer more time than the "normal" people, like to have a kickass PC.
    I think you could be less envious. Conroe is now the best CPU, because Intel left his "netburst" technology. Thanks God!

5. swimtech

swimtech Well-Known Member

Well, at least you'll have the performance you paid for - and they look to be nicely overclockable (I like specs and the good word on the Abit AB-9 board too - looks like a great value). Even after the latest price cuts (if I were buying today...), I'd still go for the Abit board with a 6400 or 6600 Core 2 processor, and it would be my first Intel system (for use at home) in over a decade!

6. IamLakota

IamLakota New Member

Deffinately C2D E6700/E6800 with most all the reviews in and with some of the new components that are coming out,an Intel system with a C2D,NV590chipset and SLI'ed two 7900's yeah man it's gonna be SWEET!!!!!!!!

7. PangingJr

PangingJr Member

here is another Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 with a very good overclocking results, a 1.86GHz processor @ 3.40GHz,
    and with all motherboard, RAM and CPU cooler are in a mid-range price... http://forums.vr-zone.com/showpost.php?p=2209050&postcount=1

and this is an example of a super save Intel Core 2 Duo processor E6300 computer system,
    with low-cost motherboard, reusing the existing DDR 400 RAM and 20pin PSU... http://forums.vr-zone.com/showpost.php?p=2171647&postcount=1

Last edited: Aug 6, 2006
  8. PandaZ3

PandaZ3 Active Member

Conroe is the best, however if you are merely upgrading from say a 939 Venice to a a capable dual core, then it might make sense to go to a 939 X2, I just went to a 4400, thanks to Conroe it is more affordable. I didn't have the fastest before, and I don't now, but I do have a very capable machine at a bargain price.

9. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

Very true. If I wouldn't of had a dual core before that is what I'd be running now instead of the config in my sig. Plus it was a special birthday treat to myself.

10. Sonata

Sonata New Member

I'm going to upgrade to a new E-Pen*s, but I'm not sure which one to get.
    Will it be the E6300 or a 3800+ EE? This is a very difficult decision for me as I don't really like to support Intel with their anti-competitive business practices, despite this they seem to have the best dollar to performance ratio at present.

My old CPU is an AMD 3200+ so I should notice quite a gain in performance.

Hopefully K8L will come out soon and give Intel another flogging then I can jump ship and go back to my trusty AMD's.

11. PandaZ3

PandaZ3 Active Member

If I had a 939 board, I would just get a X2 4400, it's performance is a bit better than a E6300 and smidge less than a E6400 I am told. all you would be paying for is the CPU so for around $240 USor buy the E6300, DDR2 and new Mobo for $450 US or so. It just doesn't make sense to pay nearly double for close to the same performance. But if you were also getting something else you needed, like 1394 or e-Sata, well that casts a new light on the situation.

Frankly I think the dual core is a extra most really don,t utilize all that well and for $135 US you can get a A64 4000 San Diego which is a 1 meg Cache and 2.4 out of the box. Now there is your bang for the buck! Upgrade your 3200 (If it was 939) to a 4000 and be happy to have a good improvement gor just a few bucks in relation to a new system. Save that extra for the K8++ whenever it comes around.