Best weapon you use?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by comp_ali, Dec 9, 2008.

?

The best Weapon you got ?

1. Melee weapons.

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  2. Shotguns.

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. SMG,Thomson.

17 vote(s)
    39.5%
  4. Sniper riffles.

15 vote(s)
    34.9%
  5. Pistol.

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Well a choice between sniper rifle and melee weapons for me and melee wins out.

The sniper rifle works great unless your playing Neon online and he can shot you off the top of a building from 6 miles away with a pistol :D

2. Logla

Logla Well-Known Member

Normally it would be the asault rifle option, but its not included in the poll so I'm not gonna vote. It does depend on the game though. In most games I totally suck with a sniper rifle but in Gears 2, its my favourite, most effective tool.

3. swimtech

swimtech Well-Known Member

Tops - the SMG or Thomson type weapon, being automatic - and at mid ranges - don't need to aim as carefully 'cause the collateral damage and hits act like tracers.

Then again, nothing quite so satisfying as a head shot from...where? Hee!

And, the chainsaw (melee) is amazingly effective in the Serious Sam games - tears 'em up - those Kleer don't stand a chance!

4. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

minigun ......

so fun......

5. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Miniguns are the most useless of the badass weapons available. Take Crysis for example, try hitting any targets with the minigun, unless they are within shotgun range the bullets spread out all over the place and it takes three times as long to kill something. :dead:

Plus, miniguns always have a warmup time before they spit out flaming death (and you can never hold down the trigger long enough to enjoy it before you run outta ammo).

Speaking of useless weapons...I'd like to throw uzi's on that list. When was the last time a game made these worth using? They pack no power and lack the accuracy of pistols (though use up a pistol slot). I think they only get included to satisfy the urge of gamers who want to pretend they are Chuck Norris in Invasion USA.

I'd like to nominate one more weapon type for "Best weapon": Single Use Weapons. You know the types which cause massive devastation but only get one or two rounds? I haven't gotten the mini-nuke launcher in Fallout 3 but I'm guessing you don't get much ammo for it. Those kinds of guns are the ones you have to plan their use for and you may feel regret if you waste your only shot on a weak enemy.

6. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Handgrenades are great in games with good throwing mechanics, like for instance the Call of Duty series. In Grand Theft Auto.., your own grenades are your worst nightmare. :dead:

Anyway I'm generally in favor of a full sized SMG, those that can hit something at a medium distance when you need to. Make sure to pick the one that either has the bigger magazine or is faster to reload than the others.

7. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Amen to that :p and no Mkk grenades generally suck in the vast, vast, VAST majority of games because they've got no power. Far Cry 2's grenades were powerful and had good throwing mechanics so i liked em in that, but since they're quite sparing you've gotta be careful how you use em

8. nicnik

nicnik In the Land of Snow

I'm a kinda in your face fps player; I picked shotgun as I like the splatter at close range. Besides, when you're so close it no longer matters if you have bad aim and couple that with the big target shotguns usually have that means i rarely miss the forever moving targets too.

9. swimtech

swimtech Well-Known Member

Yeah, like the Cannonballs in Serious Sam! Those things are overkill to the max, but so hilarious! Just the idea of running around with a cannon under your arm and launching a ball bigger than your character - very effective - and cracks me up.

10. Hexotic

Hexotic New Member

I tend to prefer CQB weapons, Shotguns i guess from your list, but smgs would be the 2nd.

11. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

M4's usually work good for me, but heavy guns work better online for me.

12. Gaijin

Gaijin Active Member

Depends on the game played, but SMG's usually do it for me *hugs silenced HK MP5*. :)
    Specially if the game is properly coded to allow switching between single shot, burst & auto fire modes.

Some days I just prefer snipers, laying in wait and then *BOOM*. :evil:

13. Nicu Balmus

Nicu Balmus Сказочный долбоёб

in Cstrike i am using only knife, deagle, m4a1 and ak47 :D in other games i use the weapons randomly...i don't have one that i like the most..

14. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

In fallout 3 so far the rock-it launcher and bottle cap mines, boooom!!!! I also like the nuka-cola grenades, they really pack a punch when they hit haha. :D

Edit: Interesting thing is I'm using the intense training perk to become a rather dangerous sniper/demo man kinda guy so my character is insanely lethal haha. :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009