BETA TESTING: nvidia Omega drivers 1.0.2940

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, May 27, 2002.

1. mark99

mark99 New Member

Remove Rubish D3D Code Only

Can we get back on-topic please =)..

I'd really like to try these drivers for their OpenGL, although their not much good unless D3D is also working. In other words, can you release a version with just the OpenGL improvements and no changes to the D3D? Or indeed, can I do this myself, which I doubt if the primary .inf file has been altered too much.

2. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

mark, the D3D part IS working and optimized, only the LOD is NOT ready, and in this case, with the current settings you may experience a slowdown in D3D, but the graphics are sharp (well... too sharp) and games run.
    I'll update the drivers again this weekend with the D3D detail turned down to the standard mode until I get a hold of the problem (of fix it).

3. Skinner

Skinner New Member

Man, you finally did it, take away the blur in d3d, although it's a little bitle to much lodbias, but I read you gonna lower it a bit.

I searched myself a bit to find a way to increase the load in d3d and now you have done it in your driver, nice work :)

I can finally drop the anisotropic filteringhit, and take the full power of my Gf4.

The nice point of lodbias is when viewing at textures on big angles are a lot of sharper now, and I don't feel the need of using the much more heavy aniso now.

4. therock16

therock16 New Member

Any updates on the drivers?

5. BenT

BenT New Member

Great drivers Omega....I only lost about 10 FPS in most games, but they look absolutely fantastic! Anyway, what's 10 frames when you're looking at 80-100! I'd have to say that the GL is good, looks nice and performs well, but I noticed that for some reason that 3DNOW!, MMX and SSE are all disabled? Is this just some strange thing happening in my system? I turned them back on so all is well.... Can't wait to see the next set!

Keep up the good work!

BenT

6. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

I'm still testing and experimenting, please be patient, as soon as I have something worthy I'll release it.

BenT, I disabled CPU instructions support, that's why is disabled by default, The reason?, is actually slower when they are enabled, I discovered this some time ago in the ATI drivers and now in the nvidia drivers.

7. Skinner

Skinner New Member

I hope you keep on gooing with it, I was pleasently surpriced what you did in d3d!
    This is just what it needs, rivatuner's lod has no effect in d3d, how did you find the right registery?

8. Lamentation

Lamentation New Member

This is just what it needs, rivatuner's lod has no effect in d3d, how did you find the right registery?

Is this right? I was thinking this did work, am I fooling myself? And when you say "LOD", are you talking about a setting somewhere that's different from what i can change in rivatuner?

9. Skinner

Skinner New Member

Yep, the mipmapsettings in rivatuner don't do anything with the latest drivers, they just need some extra sharpness.

Omega, any progress on the way?

10. Impulse

Impulse l33t

[SIZE=x-small]...[/SIZE]

11. Skinner

Skinner New Member

Well it's looks like we're gonna stay in the blurzone ;) I cann't wait to to see the R300 comming, oustanding lod with extreme performance.