BF1942 and DC crash problem

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Pman, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Pman

Pman New Member

Hi,
    When i play either Battlefield1942 with the desertcombat mod or not my PC always crashes. Sometimes the screen will go black but the game is still running. Other times it will crash hard and i have to restart. Whats also wierd is that sometimes it happens 5min into a game or 2hrs in a game. Im pretty sure the CPU/Videocard isnt overheating cause or the randow crash times. I have heard that the Nforce3 drivers and Punkbuster can crash/lag the game and i have a nforce3 chipset. I dont know what to do. I first had this prob in Call of duty. Whats wierd is i decided heck with online play so i played the whole singleplayer campaing with not a prob! Also i can play battlefield singleplayer with no problems too. Please help! If you need more info than what my sig provides say so and i will reply back. thanx:D

2. EcPercy

EcPercy Well-Known Member

What are your system specs? Have you run a memory checking program to see if you have a bad memory module? I would get a copy of MEMTEST86 and see what you see. :D

***NOTE*** I see your system specs now, but I am using the midnight heaven theme... black on black does not go well. At least on this monitor at work. :(

Last edited: Sep 23, 2004
  3. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO