BF2 stuttering as hell

Discussion in '3-D Audio' started by OpiO, Oct 8, 2005.

1. OpiO

OpiO New Member

hi, yesterday i set up the kx driver for the first time, i installed kxdriver cause i read of it in the winamp plugin HQ_RESAMPLER and it really worky great.
    the only thing is the the sound in battlefield 2 is stuttering as hell, not the whole sound, just the voices are stuttering.
    i use the pc160 sennheiser headphones,
    can someone give me instructions how to config kx to work in battlefield , with surround effects , i tried to install te headphones presets but it didnt work..

i am really noobisch [​IMG]

ps: i use a audigy 2 value card

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

are you using the newest version of the KX drivers? version before that had issue with your card I think. You can just set surrounder to 2.0 if your headphone settings don't work maybe they are not implemeted yet. Does this happen with all games? or just BF2 also I don't think you can really get surround sound on headphones...Without using some type of plugin for that illusion...

3. thomasabarnes

thomasabarnes Long Time ***** Friend

Also in Windows CP: Sounds And Audio Devices on the Audio and Voice tab, set Sound Playback and Voice Playback to kX Wave 4/5. Doing this has helped get rid of the stuttering for some in BF2. See if it helps for you?

4. OpiO

OpiO New Member

- i used the lastest version
    -i only got BF2 installed...
    -with the EAX4 i got pretty good emulated sourround sound with the PC160 sennheiser

hope the sourroud sound with kx driver is also as good as with the creative driver, but i haven't found a good config for BF2 right now

thx for the fast reply!! :)

5. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

try setting the default sound device to kXwave 4/5. You lose surround sound but you should get better audio