big problem with 9800pro

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by brett36w, Aug 2, 2004.

1. brett36w

brett36w New Member

I just got my Msi 9800pro 128meg card friday and installed it, now when i play games like halo. americas army. and farcey i get these weird triangle looking artifacts on the screen, i was told to change drivers and update chipset and all of that and if all esle failed to reinstall windows xp. i did so and i did fix the 8x problem i had but still have the artifacts problem. im getting really frustrated with this and running out of ideas. Figures that i buy a new card to play hl2 and doom3 and now get screwed!!!!

[​IMG]

2. Son_of_Thunder

Son_of_Thunder New Member

what color depth/res/AA and AF settings do you play at?

3. brett36w

brett36w New Member

I have the aa/af in balanced mode on the 3d settings, also running at 1024/768 resolution. color depth is at 32 also.

4. Son_of_Thunder

Son_of_Thunder New Member

now i'm not sure (because i only played farcry once before i formatted, and i haven't re-installed it yet) but i've heard that it does not like certain AA and AF settings. i don't remember if it doesn't like them on, or it doesn't like them off. try messing w/ those settings and tell us what happens

--edit--

but i just re-read your post and you said you get it w/ most of those games...hmm...maybe try underclocking your card if you haven't already, otherwise it sounds like it may be baked. oh yah, check and make sure the fan is running, it would cause problems if its not.

5. Roadee

Roadee Never forgotten

Can you give us some more info.....like your system specs and what brand your card is...Saphire and what not.....do the artifacts show up any where else....or do you have any other vid problems when doing normal things.....do the artifacts show up after you have been playing for a while.....or right away in Far Cry. The more information you can give us the easier it will be for us to help you!!:)

6. brett36w

brett36w New Member

I would like to say thanks for the input guys, im greatfull for good ppl like ureselfs. Ok my system specs are as follows

K7N2 delta (MS-6570) mobo
    AMD XP2200+ Cpu
    Pny 768meg pc2700 ram
    MSI-RX9800pro 128meg 256bit videocard / DirectX 9b / and the CATALYST 6.14.10.6451. also the nforce chipsets and bios is updated on the board.
    Widows xp pro - sp1 and all updates downloaded.
    Psu Anktec Smartblue 350watt

when i load up windows i have no problems only when i play games they appear as i start to play.

7. phongtruong12

phongtruong12 New Member

i would exchange that card if i were you. it looks like it was defective before you bought it. if you bought it from ebay, ask the seller if he can swap it or if you bought it from a retailer, they will gladly give you an exchange.

8. brett36w

brett36w New Member

yea man i hear ya, i got it from zipzoomfly. I exausted all my options to get it to work properly. But man im so pissed right now over it and i cant even play doom 3 now and its comeing in wed. but thanks again guys for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!