Billie Eilish's Mom Was in Mass Effect 2 and Many Other Games

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by Calliers, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Calliers

Calliers Is turning over a new leaf..... Staff Member

After sweeping the Grammy Awards, it's safe to say that Billie Eilish is easily one of the most popular musicians in the entire world right now. While some gamers may not necessarily be interested in Eilish's music, they may be interested to know that her mother, Maggie Baird, has done voice acting in video games, including BioWare's Mass Effect franchise.

While this knowledge would have been easily accessible by anyone who bothered to look into it, it's gotten some new attention thanks to Guild Wars 2 composer Maclaine Diemer. Diemer pointed out that Eilish's mom Maggie Baird played Samara in Mass Effect 2 and 3, though that wasn't her only video game role. Baird's earliest video game role was in 1999 in Battlezone 2: Combat Commander.

Trusteft likes this.
  2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

who's billie eilish..

Quite like Samara as a character.... though limited dialogue really.

3. Calliers

Calliers Is turning over a new leaf..... Staff Member

She won best song, best album, best pop vocal album, best pop solo performance, best new artist and best record in the 2020 Grammy awards.

[​IMG]

4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

sounds like a bunch of wannabes doing what they like doing... throwing their favour at the irrelevant

Trusteft likes this.
  5. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

I kind of like her. AFAIK, she writes her own songs, which is always a plus in my book. She's got weird lyrics that seem to resonate with the younger audience (which is fine, because she's of the same age) and the music isn't bad. Also, perhaps not her best song, but Bad Guy is darn catchy. In case anyone's actually managed to miss it:

6. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I've heard she has nice tits. Otherwise I can't say I care who she is either.

7. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

First I heard of her was when Moametal of Babymetal said she was a fan. Never heard any of her songs but when she won all those awards I listened to a few to see what she was about. Don't like that Bad Guy track, some of her other stuff is quite good. Doesn't really resonate with me, all that fake edgy stuff I find tedious. Her thing seems to be 'mental health' issues so she's basically one of the sadfishing generation.

We're about 1.5 generations apart so clearly her stuff isn't meant for me ;)

Trusteft likes this.