BIOS help after BIOS update please

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by Mr Cairo, May 12, 2021.

1. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

OK so had a notification to update to new BIOS as it had some fixes, realised mine is over a year old so went through the BIOS update using the inbuilt tool in the ASUS MOBO and all went well

after a reboot I am asked to

"Please enter setup to recover bios setting.
    When raid configuration was built, ensure to set sata configuration to raid mode.
    Press f1 to run setup."

the BIOS it currently set like the picture below and Boots just fine

[​IMG]

Is this all ok as is or is there something that needs to change .. cheers guys been a while since I looked at a BIOS in any depth and this is very different to what I am used to

I can change AHCi to Raid but seem to recall that this can leave the PC in a state that wont boot

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

mostly yes... the sata mode only need to be set to raid if you originally installed with it enabled. Frankly it "SHOULD" be set to raid if you're using an intel based system, the RST function is superior to generic AHCI mode. But otherwise if this is how you were originally setup.. that's fine.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  3. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Thanks Judas, Problem is I never really looked how it was setup before the update (my bad) but I figure im only running 1 SSD drive and my system is AMD not intel so what your saying makes sense and I will leave it all as it is.

this was my first real run about with the new BIOS and its pretty different tbh

Cheers