Bioshock & Bioshock 2 Remastered - Free

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Tipstaff, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Hey, all.

I don't know how the hell I (we) missed this (I don't know if it was posted, but I can't find anything), but apparently as of September 2016 you were able to get a free upgrade/copy of the Remastered versions for Bioshock, Bioshock 2, and the Minerva's Den DLC. And not just to owners of the game on Steam.

If you own the retail version of Bioshock 1, all you need to do is prove that you own it, send a ticket to 2K's website along with your SteamID, and they will send you a free Steam key for the Remastered version. In my case I had bought the Big Daddy Limited edition, and all I did was send a photo of the game manual (as it had a CDKey on the back), the original DVD, and a paper that had my SteamID on it. Just waiting on a responses (if I get a key I'll let you know).

If you own the retail version of Bioshock 2, which was a GFWL activated game, that same key will work in Steam. Just fire Steam up, and activate the game. That simple. The key will also net you Minerva's Den too as I didn't have to input that key.

Check out the details HERE.

IvanV and Calliers like this.
  2. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

A little update:

In order to be able to assist you, we would need to receive one photo with all of the following in it:
    1. The Game CD case (this is because they need the ISBN number in the photo)
    2. The Game CD (If there are multiple, please include each one).
    3. A piece of paper with your steam email address and your ticket number (#xxxxxxxx) clearly written on it.