Black and White Picture on TV

Discussion in 'Mobile Computing' started by Arvidor, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Arvidor

Arvidor DriverHeaven LOVA!!!

Good Morning,

no, I don't have the old black and white problem with older TVs on a SuperVideo-TVOUT.

For that i bought an adapter
    http://www.wilhelmy-it.de/svid/info_svid1.php
    and it worked just fine with my old Laptop which had a Mobility Radeon 9000 inside.

Now I got myself a new Laptop with a Mobility Radeon 9800 and the picture on the TV-screen stays B/W with the adapter.

I switched the TV-Norm correctly to PAL-B within the Omega Drivers and don't really know what to do...

In the Faq of the Adapter is mentioned that sometimes you have to switch the PAL Settings in the BIOS but I cannot find any Display settings in the BIOS of my Laptop.

THX for your help!!!!!!!
    RESPECT

2. swimtech

swimtech Well-Known Member

It would be helpful to have several bits of information to help with this one...

Make and model of your laptop and the country it was purchased in, and/or shipped to you from.

Your country location.

The make and model of your TV.

3. Arvidor

My Laptop is an Asus A6700G (A6762GLH) with an ATI mR 9700 128MB and it was purchased in Germany.

The TV is a super cheap SEG, but as I mentioned before always handeled the signal from my other laptop perfectly.

ANY IDEAS????
    THX

4. swimtech

Basically, what I'm trying to find out is what kind of connectors, switches, etc., are available on the laptop and the television. The reason you are seeing black and white only is because the color is out of sync with the luminance (black and white/detail) information of the video signal somewhere along the line...

I can't find any pictures or text in English that tell me what video connectors are available on your laptop and television (what Model SEG tv?) nor what format the video signal is (PAL, SECAM, etc...) coming out of the laptop. Can you switch the TV to recieve different formats of video signal (PAL, NTSC, SECAM , etc...)? If so, I would try that instead of switching formats with the laptop.

5. Arvidor

Unfortunately I cannot switch the TV to either accept NTSC or PAL signals. Therefore changing the Laptop settings is my ONLY option...

Is there any other possibility - maybe within Windows - where I can change the country settings of my system? As I said I couldn't find any in the BIOS.

Thanks 4 your help
    Arvidor

P.s. Is there also a slight chance for a broken TV-out?

6. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

the option *should* be with in the driver options

open the display control panel, select the "settings" and click "advanced"

there should be an option there called TV out or similiar, and change the regional setting

7. swimtech

Found this while looking for a solution to another problem, and you may have seen this, but maybe not...

Black and White image on Television using 3rd party SCART adapter with an S-Video jack
    The information in this article applies to the following system configurations:
    • TV OUT using 3rd party S-VIDEO to SCART adapter
    • PAL or MULTISYSTEM TVs (most often found in European countries)
    The symptoms described are not specific to ATI products. This Infobase is provided for the convenience of users especially in Europe. The signal on the TV set may show up black and white using a 3rd party S-VIDEO to SCART adapter.

A SCART connector only supports composite video. If you connect an S-VIDEO cable directly into a SCART adapter, the result will be a black and white signal, regardless of the type of graphics card being used.

There are preferred S-VIDEO to SCART adapters from 3rd party vendors that will properly give you colour display.

Third party S-VIDEO to SCART adapters are available from:

Please note: This site is a third party internet site on the World Wide Web. ATI provides such links for your convenience only, and is not responsible for the content of any site linked to or from this site. Links from this site to any other site do not mean that ATI approves of, endorses or recommends that site. ATI disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, legality, reliability or validity of any content on any other site. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.

The topic was dated 1-19-2005, updated 3-21-2005

Edit: The link didn't work so I brought in the text...

8. thegave

thegave -=[DHzer0point Team]=-

I have a problem with the s-video on my hypersonic cq6 (Clevo M37EW) it has a MR9700 128mb.
    When I hook it up to my tv it looks fine in NTSC mode, but it's in black and white, and very blurry and fuzzy in any of the PAL modes, unless I change the Sharpness setting to Black and White.
    I live in Hong Kong so I should be on PAL-I, my TV is made by Panasonic... I wouldn't say it's that old, perhaps 4 years at most.
    Right now I'm using an s-video to RCA adapter because I don't have any s-video to RCA cables, but somehow I don't think it's that.

9. SwiRly

SwiRly New Member

thats not good