BloodRayne 2 drips into stores

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by No_Style, Oct 13, 2004.

1. No_Style

No_Style Styleless Wonder

The busty bloodletter is back for another round of crimson carnage. Majesco today announced that BloodRayne 2, the sequel to the publisher's 2002 action adventure, has shipped to retail and is available starting today on the PlayStation 2 and Xbox. In addition, the BloodRayne 2 launch event on MTV2's Headbangers Ball program is scheduled for October 21 at the House of Blues Los Angeles.

In BloodRayne 2, players will again take control of the eponymous, half-human, half-vampire, fashionable leather-wearing antiheroine as she sucks quarts of blood from hapless bystanders and takes revenge on the vampire side of her family for their wicked ways. The BloodRayne character gained a bit of notoriety earlier this year when a topless image of her appeared in Playboy magazine.

Developed by Terminal Reality, BloodRayne 2 is rated "M" for Mature and has a suggested retail price of $49.99. A PC version is scheduled for early next year. For more information, check out GameSpot's hands-on impressions, and watch for our review later today.

2. Dom

Dom New Member

We have to wait for a PC version? That sucks!

3. No_Style

Yeap, according to GameSpot, we have to wait til Q1 2005!

4. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Bloodrayne "blobs" onto console screens....

We can always play the wonderful console PS2 version with awesome 640x480 resolution and masses of jaggies :rolleyes:

This joins the ranks of lameville along with Grand Theft Auto, PC users have to wait for the "proper" version.

5. IamLakota

IamLakota New Member

Total Suckage that no PC version until next year.

6. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady Avril Fan

hey its worth it, i am totally sure if they release now it wont be that good compared to wating a little ;)

im gonna wait, i trust completely on what majesco can do for this game on pc version, q1 2005? not much time to see my favorite anti-heroine kicking asses once again lol

7. Dom

Dom New Member

I'm not so mad about that as I am that I have to wait longer than others do.

Though I have grown to understand why you hate lo-res/shitty graphics. CS:S is making me wish I could play it above 1024x768.

They're probably just holding off the PC release because they wanna make as much money off of it before they release it to the PC and it gets pirated.

8. No_Style

Exactly. Not to mention the fact that they have to get the game working with all forms of hardware and configurations. Remember, consoles are static pieces of hardware while PC's can be very different from one to another.

9. MSX

MSX Burning the frozen...

Uh, I saw the xbox copy go by on a bittorrent list earlier today...

I'm going to buy the PC one when it comes out.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
  10. Shinjikun

Shinjikun 第3 子供

Holy crap that DOES SUCK. I was really looking forward to the game... damn it... back to waiting.

Maybe I'll buy Tribes:V. :)