BloodRayne 2 for PC

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Dyre Straits, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I've seen the game at Best Buy and at WalMart over the past few days. I stopped by WalMart tonight and picked up my copy for $29.72.

It's installed and is playing SUPER!

Presently, to see how it would perform, I've set everything on HIGH or ON and am using 1280x1024x32 resolution. With that, I'm seeing over 70 FPS.

I haven't setup any AA or AF yet, though.

One thing that kind of disappointed me: The Installation was really kind of rough shod. When I put in my CD 1, it didn't even prompt for me to Install the game. There was no Interface at all. I had to manually open/explore the CD and Double-click the setup.exe. Then, from disk to disk, it would popup the contents -- which I had to close in order to continue the process. I guess you'd say this was really 'unpolished'.

But, if the game is as gorgeous -- or more so -- than the first one, I'll really enjoy it. I have a buddy who got it last week and is having a blast.

Just one more thing: Is there ANYWAY to turn on Subtitles for the Cutscenes? Due to my near-deafness, there's no way I can follow any dialogue like what takes place between the man and 'Rayne at the beginning. It would be awesome to see what they're saying.

EDIT: For those who like Blood and Gib shots: :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2005
  2. Randomletters

Randomletters ))((

I have the game too it does look really good and preforms decent even on my old OCed 9800se. I havent played it in a while due to Beta testing a certian MMO, Playing Wow and CoH, occasional BF2, it's a shame sleep is neccesary.

I would check the options for subtitles but im encoding a video at the moment and its using pretty much all my cpu, so lets search google...

No there is not. "[font=Arial,Helvetica]
    One thing that pissed me that there's no subtitles during cutscene and FMV. FYI, I have an hearing disabilities. d**n if i know what they're saying....
    and some others.
    And I've feel that i've been fooled, cheated, and worse of all, humiliation."

My suggestion would be big headphones and volume up high

Heres a decent pair for cheap http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826106384

[/font]

3. Dyre Straits

Well, I had already checked in the .ini file to see if there was any option there. The only setting is the ingame subtitles...which are VERY welcome as they were with the first one.

I just upped my settings for the game and still am seeing over 50 FPS with some outstanding looking graphics!!!

4. gibbon565

gibbon565 Bouncy BOUNCY!

Get some AA + AF on that and you are sorted :drool:

Shouldn't be a problem for your specs!

Andy

5. Dyre Straits

Actually, I DO have those turned up. In fact, I have it set to Ultra Quality. However, it doesn't seem to be working right in this game for some reason. >???

Last edited: Sep 24, 2005