Bluetooth Soundcard?

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by raid517, Sep 2, 2006.

1. raid517

raid517 New Member

Hi I was kind of wondering, since my laptop is wireless and what not, I would very much like to be able to still hook it up to my external standalone amplifier. But if I was to do this I would still like to be able to do it wirelessly somehow.

Right now I have kind of done this - by using a Belkin Tunecast 2 FM transmitter (which is intended for an MP3 player) which is transmitting to an FM radio radio receiver - which in turn is attached to my hifi. For various reasons (namely interference and the inability to process multi channel sound tracks (such as Dolby digital surround and so on).

Can anyone please suggest a way that this might possibly be achieved? I am not really so keen on those wireless LAN media devices that play everything on your computer - as this still means I can't hear games, or streaming music - or lots of other kinds of media - so I was kind of curious if a device existed that could send information directly from one's sound card (via bluetooth for example) to an external set of speakers or to a stereo receiver?

It would actually seem pretty odd if a device like this never existed.

2. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

i know there are devices that transmit audio over blue tooth (with a range of only a few metres though), but the source devices are usually headphones/headsets

i haven't actually seen a bluetooth receiver like the one you want, however that doesn't mean one doesn't exist

3. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

after doing a google search (with this thread being the second link) i found this review:
    http://www.viperlair.com/reviews/multimedia/soundcard/btango/

sounds like what you're after
    EDIT: maybe not, it's only stereo

i have a feeling you won't get anything much better than stereo from bluetooth with it's restricted bandwidth however

Last edited: Sep 5, 2006