Boot code 07 hang on startup Asrock Taichi

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by dawgXdenta, Jan 8, 2021.

Tags:
  1. dawgXdenta

dawgXdenta Well-Known Member

Well thanks everyone. I sent the Mobo back. I already figured I will lose whatever savings I got during the sales on black Friday. I tried to load a picture and show you the pins. They are beautiful. There is absolutely nothing wrong with them. If it's an addressing issue. I can't really test that.

What kills me is that we are entering into a chip shortage and prices of CPUs are going up. I will most likely also have to return the processor as well as Tipstaff mentioned. The return for a 3800X CPU isn't available. Only a refund. And they are now 50-150 bucks more expensive. I got it at 325. I am seeing them available for 499. Ouch!

2021 ain't starting too sweet.

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

didn't realize this statement.

fun fact... if you pull off some of the plastics and heatsinks on a motherboard/graphics card/etc.. and stick them in your dishwasher, put them through a high heat wash without adding detergent, it's perfectly safe. Remember that all these things go through various bathes and are often finished off with distilled water among other things before having the other fans and plastic/heatsinks slapped on.

3. Judas

really unfortunate, just a string of bad lucky unfortunately.

dawgXdenta likes this.
  4. dawgXdenta

Thanks for the reassurance dude. Really appreciated. Its just bad luck like you said. Anyway the PC I am building now I will have it for at least 5 years. So it will be worth it.

5. dawgXdenta

I have a question guys. Should I go for the ryzen 7 5800X ( topmost of what I can afford) or the ryzen 3700X. ( I was able to find a seller for US$325 for the 3700X. I checked some review comparison websites and and its performance is generally 16% higher than the 3800X or the 3700X.

Is that 16% worth it though? Is it enough future proofing to justify the almost $200 difference. & I would only buy the 5800 on Amazon 3rd party sellers for around $570. Not skulpers on ebay.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  6. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

I say go for the 5800X.

7. Judas

I'd say for right now.... the dollar difference doesn't justify it.... until 5800x supply becomes normalized which isn't expected until after march.... it's over priced. The 5800x specially is the worst dollar value product... if anything the 5600x is by far a better value. and the 5600x is fairly closely matched in overall performance to a 3700x.

Prices are still stupid.

Calliers and dawgXdenta like this.
  8. dawgXdenta

Too stupid!

I just wanna thank you all for your advice and help. I ended up with a Asus Crosshair Hero. No issues at all. Installed CPU. Everything ran smooth one time! Happy.

Calliers and Tipstaff like this.
  9. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

You're welcome, lol, even though I did jack all. :p