!!!!Brand New Gaming Rig Check Out The Specs!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by mikehud851984, Feb 11, 2008.

1. mikehud851984

mikehud851984 New Member

2. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

uhh.....

Phenom?

ASUS?

eh......... i guess..... congrats

you should have at least changed your board to Gigabyte and waited for the B3 chips

Asus seems to have a bit of stability issues with their stuff.... hell the whole Spider setup has stability issues.

3. mikehud851984

mikehud851984 New Member

I don't know I just went for it with this one sounded good price was right so I said what the hell I'll give it a shot we'll see what happens

4. Grace

Grace HH's Tomboy

Since you already ordered the parts, does it matter what we think about it?

I think that the system will be pretty much fine but you should get a slower 2X2GB set of RAM. Size matters much more than speed when it comes to RAM.

5. ChaosMinionX

ChaosMinionX USB 3 dot oh

Yep faster is only better for benching really and epeen :)

6. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

yeah there are a number of occasions when i've seen 8gb of ram come in damn handy and show considerable impovements....

7. mikehud851984

mikehud851984 New Member

Well all In all I will most likely be picking up another set of the crucials I'm already getting but I am only running Vista 32bit so I would only see a 1Gig increase in the OS and the fourth would basically do nothing aside from run the onboard peripherals which I won't be using any onbord features aside from the wifi anyway so at the time of order I just didn't see any real importance of getting 4Gb right away two seems to do just fine in my current setup but I have not used quad core before so maybe going quad could benefit from the 4gb I'll just have to see. Anyway it should all arrive here in the next couple hours hopefully before the snow storm were about to recieve hits so that ups has no excuses to be as late as 9:00 pm as they were with my last order. To answer Grace's question, My sole purpouse of posting this thread was to get peoples opinnion of the new system I am going to put together as some of the readers have read some of my previous posts both on this name and the one I had about two years ago mikehud1984, and know that I have been working towards building a semi decent gaming rig and have seen how I have progressed in my upgrades this being the biggest and best that I have done to date. I for one enjoy coming to DH and GH to read about peoples systems and how they have put them together and what they came up from. So thanx for your negative criticism but it won't be needed.

8. Grace

Grace HH's Tomboy

It is not negative critisism Mike, it is a question of logic. Why do you care what we think about it since you already ordered it and whether we like something or not, nothing can be done about it? It would be natural to post such a thread just before ordering the parts in order to read some opinions before proceeding, but after ordering the parts what we think about them is simply meaningless. You already ordered it so all you should want to do is build it and have fun with it.

Almost everybody's system specs (including yours) are right beneath their avatar, which is quite helpful for many reasons. It also is a good source of info since you like reading about people's systems.

9. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Hey Grace, cut the guy some slack, that sounded a bit rude.

Hey Mike, its nice to share opinions and I hope you have a great time with the system buddy, post some pictures when you get it built up, lets see how it looks.

Its a real pity you didn't really ask us beforehand because I would have recommended a core 2 cpu from intel.

Im sure it will suit your needs mate.

10. Grace

Grace HH's Tomboy

My apologies then, that was certainly not my intention.

11. mikehud851984

mikehud851984 New Member

It's no problem but my thinking was that I had the money and I had better spend it asap before i didn't keep it for my comp. Yes I did kind of jump into it rather quickly but posting this thread after ordering is actually helpful because I could just as easily send some or all of it back and get something else. Anyway I am actually typing this post from the new machine as I install crysis I have been testing this thing out so far pretty impressed with the improvement but still some tweaking to be done new drivers to be installed yada yada yada. However straight out of the box new install of vista and all my preffered apps and some cleanup I managed to get 12,554 in 3DMARK06. This system does look very pretty and I would be more than happy to post some pics if you all would like to see them. Thank You for reading.

12. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

good to hear. wouldnt be worrying too much about 3dmark, lets hear how it runs crysis!

13. mikehud851984

mikehud851984 New Member

Well I installed crysis last night but was falling asleep so didn't really play it to much however with all setting's on very high no AA and Vsync enabled it played a substantial amount better than my previous setup but still unplayable at those settings. With a combo of very high and high settings it still looks by far better than any game I have played before and runs smoothly. Anyway here are the pics of my rig. (sorry about the lousy quality the cam is a bit out dated only 4Mp).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's nothing to fancy but I love it because it's built by me which is what I like the most about it. It's so much more satisfying to fire up a system built by you and play some awsome games for hours at a time and yet still be amazed by the quallity time and time again.

14. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Yeah i would have recommended a C2D as well, eh well. As long as you get the framerates you think you deserve or at least are happy with there's not much point in questioning your choices ;)
    Btw dude nice job, better cabling than in my rig lol

15. mikehud851984

mikehud851984 New Member

Yeah I toyed with the idea of going intel but in order to do that it would cost alot more for a nominal performance difference so I didn't since I couldn't break the bank without my wife breaking my b***s. $700 wasn't bad for these parts as far as I can see but thanks for the compliment it does look nice took awhile.

16. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Is the front red or orange?

One day (my guess is about 2-3 years from now) I would love to get an orange case, but I have yet to find one that isn't part of some premade system.

Your system looks great, I agree that A)you could have asked us earlier :p , B)that it would be better to go Intel, even with the extra cost, C) that it is a sweet new system. Congratulations.

I still can't figure out though how everyone and their grandmother manages to have a more tidy (cables) case than I can, even if I spend an hour into it. lol

EDIT: the not so good quality of many of the photos is not because of the camera being old and 4MP, but the lighting is not good for them and you need to do some white balance. Plus it seems out of focus for some. :)

EDIT2: That is one big ass fan over the CPU.

17. IEMC

IEMC Neighborhood screw up.

Quite.

And I've always wanted a orange case, too. When I get the money / if I get the money, I'll probably get a custom painted stacker or something.

Orange is sexy.

18. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

you're not alone, my case is an absolute mess of cables
    there definately is a big sense of satisfaction after building your own rig and booting it up

19. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

20. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator