BRG Research annoyingly persistent phone surveyor

Discussion in 'Flame Warzone' started by The_Neon_Cowboy, Feb 27, 2007.

1. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

BRG Research, annoyingly persistent yet annoying phone surveyor

This is beyond getting on my nerves I'm ready to make a nasty stink for the
    phone survey taker calling me enough that I have looked up their company on
    the web to try to have my name removed...

http://www.brgresearchservices.com/complaint.php

BRG Research 801-705-5259
    2/27 3:04 pm, 9:40 am
    2/26 3:41 pm, 9:51 am
    repeat this as far back as my caller ID holds only the last 40 callers.
    nothing like being woke up when trying to sleep in on you day off or
    when you work late in the day. Course these ass-hats call and wake me...

I just submitted my number along with a nasty stop calling me! one would
    figure not answering their calls (They always hang up when my answering
    machine kicks on.), hanging up, or just flashing back over to you original
    caller leaving them talking to no one till they figure it out they might get a clue.

wish there is more I can do, I'm listed on the "do not call list" for national, and
    our state has their own. I'm registered on both. but these company's are exempt.

but what gives them to right to call me every damed day? wish theres more i could do..
    because these assholes have really gotten on my nerves

even though I requested removal thier site say's

Also, please note that because we receive all our lists from our clients
    (BRG does not generate its own list to call residents) we cannot
    guarantee that you will not be called on future projects.
    However, we
    will make every effort utilizing the tools available to us, to see that your
    household is not called again.

I'm thinking call me again mother fuckers... I'll just give your survey's a brutal ear full each
    time they call. Thier the kind of comany that makes caller ID a necessity to help aviod dealing
    with them. Period.... But it's impossable to ignore when they just keep calling and calling...

wonder if you can complain to the fcc about fuckers like this?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  2. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

Next time they call - ask for their name/identification so you can relay that info to your lawyer who is working on your harassment case against their company - it worked for me before.

3. The_Neon_Cowboy

good idea though i think I'd get more personal satisfaction going off / venting on them.
    or as an article i read suggests "play their game" you way. insist on rating things something
    like a 3.5 or 4.5 and refuse to round as their system only allows whole numbers. tell them your
    life story etc.. keep them on the phone forever :D. I need to invest in one of those call boxes
    that makes a really loud annoying noise and says
    we don't accept such calls.

since i submitted my request, I at lest didn't get any such calls today. crossing my fingers!

4. The_Neon_Cowboy

3/4 the ass hats called me again after a break... since my request to be removed
    in they call any more I'll look into filing charges...this is getting ridiculous. They seemed
    to have stopped for now again.

5. Guilty

Guilty New Member

Hi,

I reached your forum by googling "BRG annoying". Why? Because I'm one of the asshats who have to make these calls.

I'll begin by letting you know I absolutely hate my job. I get a pit in my stomach everyday as I go to work. Everyday, I dream of landing a job at Starbucks, just so I won't have to work the phones anymore. It is one of the least rewarding, lowest paying, demoralizing jobs I have ever had in my life, and I truly can't imagine getting much lower than this. However, the hours are extremely flexible, which makes it a good job for me to hang onto as I try to finish up my degree. But to be certain, it's not a job that I, nor any of my co-workers, take any pride in.

First things first. We're exempt from "Do not call" lists because we are not trying to sell anything. One of the first things they drill into us is the difference between "telemarketers" and "market researchers". Most people use the term interchangeably, but the difference is, market researchers don't want your money, just your time. Most people don't really care about the difference, and just don't want to be disturbed. But politicians do, so they could still poll people on issues, and thus made Market Research exempt from the "Do not Call" list.

I was going to detail on here how much my job sucks, and how demoralizing it is to take abuse all day. Imagine a job where 1 success out of 200 attempts is a good day. Where 12 year olds feel free to tell you how much you suck, people relish slamming the phone in your ear, and it's practically a sport for people to cuss you out. (By the way, it simply isn't savvy to ask me for my home number so you can call me ... we've all seen Seinfeld, so no one thinks you're clever). All the while, your boss is breathing down your neck, saying you're not doing good enough.

Nevertheless, I understand and appreciate that people do not want to be disturbed. Please keep in mind that it is not me who is choosing your number to call. Somehow, you're in our database, and when I press a button on the screen, it's your number that pops up. When you don't answer, or your answering machine picks up, I put that result into my computer, and your number gets recycled through the system, likely to pop back up on someone's screen at least 3 hours later. If you really want to stop getting called, pick up the phone, and tell me that you're not interested. It makes my day if someone does so without yelling, cursing, or being rude. If you can find the strength, please be polite as you refuse me. I'm just a college kid trying to pay tuition. Ask me if I can take you off my list. If I can, I do so.

Telling me off, cussing me out, hanging up on me ... I guess it works, but it makes a pretty rough day even worse. It won't affect how/when you're called. You can accomplish the same thing by taking 60 seconds and being civil. By the way, all we're looking for is some time. Sometimes it's pretty inane, but it can be interesting at times. If you do have 10 minutes to spare, it might not be the worst thing in the world. If you're not comfortable answering a question, just say so. No one should take offense to that.

Sorry about all this, but I hope it helps.

6. Zelig

Zelig Well-Known Member

Guilty: Thanks for the post, it was insightful.

Neon: Are telemarting and/or market researching calls more common in the US than here, or do you just have a short fuse regarding them? ;)

I've honestly only had 1 telemarketer ever call, an Indian selling credit cards or something, I tried saying I wasn't interested, couldn't understand through his accent, so just hung up.

Survey calls come in maybe every 2-6 months, I do them if I'm bored, otherwise, I'm busy, and tell them.

7. GutterPunk

GutterPunk I = Greatest Dood

Could that be said any worse. I was going to respond nearly the same as you guys aren't telemarketers.

I was going to give a simpathy speach on how shitty it must be to be those people calling. How would anyone else like to be called dirty names, put down, or even told to kill themselves by 10 yr old kids (some probably younger) to adults. Seriously, the job must be tough, but as long as there are charts to fill your job will be there. God I would hate to be treated like shit 5 days / 40 hours a week.

8. Brutality

Brutality Active Member

All I'd like to say is that I'm always polite to the people who call. I have never bought anything from them but I do not yell at them and slam my phone. I just tell them I'm not interested and they'll leave me alone. We dont have a lot of research calls here. I was once called by some woman with a pretty voice:) We talked about 5 minutes and didn't even touch the topic she was supposed to research. I think I made her day much better :p

9. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Why so few female telemarketers? The ones with nice voices must make a lot more sales or whatever it is that counts as success.

10. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

This is why we here have law that if you tell the company not to call you they must obey! If they don't they are in trouble :D

11. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

I don't answer the phone. Especially if its someone I know.

If its a telemarketer and I'm in the mood, I blast them some of whatever I'm playing then yell "TEACH CHILDREN TO WORSHIP SATAN MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!"

The telemarketing calls were cut down 50% since that policy :D

12. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Marketing items or research....it's all the same to me. Call me with that crap and you will not be treated nicely. I didn't ask for your call, nor do I want it.

I still don't see what gives businesses the right to call people on their private lines, especially when I had no previous dealings with them, or when you are on a cell phone that charges by the minute to talk. You're getting payed to ask all these questions, but they aren't paying me dick to answer any, nor are they paying my phone bill to be entitled to ask me a damn thing.

My answering machine message:
    Telemarketers can HANG UP NOW. Everyone else, please leave a message.

As for "Guilty".......simple solution, FIND A DIFFERENT JOB. Even frackin' McDonald's is more respectable than any sort of telemarketing.

13. GutterPunk

GutterPunk I = Greatest Dood

That made me giggle, I once got an answering machine:
    If you speak english please wait for the beep, if not go back to your own soil and fuck yourself.