Broke up with my girlfriend for the last time...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Falstaff, Apr 24, 2006.

1. BWX

BWX get out and ride

OMG I feel for him if they build a house and it "doesn't work out".. :uhoh:
    That could get very messy!

2. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

I co-own my house with my GF :)

but we did get a cat first tbh :lol:

3. wertret

wertret Still watching...

LOL never heard of getting a cat as part of a formal relationship, however we already own one and yes, we're planning to have a new one when we fininish the house :D
    Anyway if things doesn't work out well for us we can always slice the house in two parts (one cat in each) :D

4. BWX

BWX get out and ride

You are a brave man.

5. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

having been married and divorced three times, it was just easier to give my ex's all my stuff and keep what would fit in my car...LOL

6. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I was married to the same one for 23 years. Been divorced now for just over 16. I do NOT miss the nagging!! LOL!

7. BWX

BWX get out and ride

:rofl: :lol: I hope I live that long- but the nagging might kill me first.

8. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

Nagging is a pain in the ass for sure....
    but you miss the warmth on the cold winter nights.

9. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

Dude, wertret truly is the bravest man in town(DH town that is). Yeah BW, I hear ya, you are so right, this chick has been giving me a head ache these past few days, no, head ache is an understatement, a -MIGRAIN-. Unfortunately my life pattern doesen't let me encounter girls too often, okay, girls who are worth knowing, but I think I'm gonna sit it out a little if falling for this one doesen't work, figured I acted a little much the fool actually. Just gonna make money and probably end up like your friend over there, that's where I see myself going anyway. Maybe I'll learn slowly, see there's a thread about jeff's girlfriend, gonna check it out now hope it's the real deal lol :lol:

Edit: Oh, and by the way, for all of those out there that think that money is everything, it's not, trust me, it isn't. Im sitting here right now with a pocket full of money and a heart full of nothing, it's crap I tell you crap. Money isn't the thing that makes the world go round love is. Much as I hate to say it, love is the one, if you have a chance and you're young, go for it, don't wait to end up ilke me you won't like it at all.

Last edited: May 2, 2006
  10. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I know what you mean man...I got a great job, and I am looking forward to getting the entire U.K. region for my next contract. It will be a challenge, I am looking forward to Lakenheath and maybe getting a steady girlfriend there till I leave. I love the travelling and frankly any relationship that keeps me tied down wouldnt work anyway.

Money isnt everything... :cool:

11. Calliers

I'm getting more certain and more certain everytime you open your mouth that I will end up like you and it does make me feel a bit funny coz I'm not a man that believes in destiny or any crap like that I just believe in self made men and ish happening because you made it to happen no less. Mind if I post a quote from the other thread...

Hope you don't mind, but when I read this, I became alot more convinced that I just might end up like you man be back!!!

12. Calliers

Sorry about that procedure call to shutdown to this pc saw it only at the last min. As I was saying, I don't believe in love. Only money. When you're not ugly, but just not damn good looking and are a social misfit that is have different views that go opposing everything in the mainstream, you suffer comes to looking for a girl. Guess I'm just a whiny pansy but at least I'm not broke. Although that is meaningless when it comes to it you get used to the meaningless part. Im going to kill someone one of these days.

13. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I believe that there is love and love is important as well, it has its place, without it we would not have come this far attempting to recapture it or attempt to find it in our lives. As for my own situation, I am sure that Love has knocked more than once and I just didnt see it for what it was. Love comes in many forms, but when you have it, you know it, and people need love. I think the hardest thing for many people to do is love themselves first, and respect themselves first, without an understanding of ones self or at least who we are, we cannot hope to achieve anything or move on in our lives. I just walked 5 miles this morning and stopped by to see my old flame, we chatted for half an hour and worked out more kinks in our misunderstandings and admitted more of our own mistakes with communication. I sitll care about her, as I do with all my lovers and ex wives, but without some kind of closure I dont feel as if I have learned to much. I know it is selfish to seek closure all the time for our mistakes, sometimes the truth is right there in our face, or under our noses, we just have to see for it really is.
    Again the questions....
    is there such a thing as love? yes
    do I believe in it? yes

I am just thinking of a useful quote from a song....
    If you cant be with the one you love......love the one your with.

14. Calliers

To tell the truth, everything in life is overrated. Except maybe money. Life itself is overrated. Love, love doesen't exist let alone qualify coz it's an illusion. And do I believe in love, well, it ain't gonna happen for me at least, that's for sure. Each man to his own, and God for us all.

15. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I think
    all things being equal...
    its about enjoying life...
    that is what seperates from animals..