Call of Duty : Black Ops! Do you have it??

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by BulletTheory, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Sliph

Sliph New Member

I have the pc version and it runs like a dream. Im really enjoying the mp it no longer has the stuttering issue "at least not for me" after the patch.

2. isaak

isaak Well-Known Member

Getting it on PC on Wednesday after my final exam ever :D:D!

3. -Mr.Fridge

-Mr.Fridge DriverHeaven's Fridge

Update:
    I have played the single player, and it seems like an extremely nice game, but something tells me, it still is just like it's predessesors - boringly-repeatitive.

Well, good luck to you all guys :)

4. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Huh? Are you sure you played the same game I have? And you completed it?

Please define "repetitive" for us.

5. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Do you still get endless waves of enemies unless you cross a "trigger" on the map?

6. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

I want to know who has tried Black Ops in 3D? I'd give it a try on PC but the only program that currently has a game profile is Tridef and my trial ran out :(

7. The Captain

The Captain Active Member

Yep, this is a CoD game, after all.

On a semi-related note, I have found that the SP is much more linear than previous CoD games. There is always either a way point close by or another character you must follow. What's more is that there is usually only one path you can choose to follow. At least in MW1, there were more wide open areas and more of an illusion of choice.

I'm not too upset, though, since I bought the game mostly for multiplayer - and it delivers. The only real issue so far is that too many servers have FF on, and players are automatically kicked after 3 FF kills, which is far too easy to do in this game due to the blast radius of explosives and idiot teammates who walk in front of you while you're shooting an enemy.

8. Trusteft

So the single player is as linear and closed as the new MoH, but some people just refuse to mention it as a negative as they do for MoH? How cute!

Thanks for the info The Captain. I guess I will buy it together with CoD4+MW2 when they drop to under 14 euros a piece.

9. Senor_Mota

Senor_Mota 悪魔の方法

The addition of ZORK I is more interesting than the game itself! I don't know if you can do the same on PC, but in the 360 version, you can stand up from the chair you're strapped to in the menu and sit at a computer that holds a lot of government info inside...until you type ZORK. You actually get to play ZORK I!

This made me one happy nerd.

10. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

I find the difference in MW2 and Black Ops games is if you don't follow the set path you will die almost instantly and often you simply just run straight through rather than fight a single enemy. That's the worst part of the CoD series because I like to sit and fight it out now and then. In MoH I found it less punishing if I deviated, I've progressed about the same in both games.

11. Sic Puppy

Sic Puppy Live from the Energy City of NZ

Yep you can do this on the PC too. Just go nuts on the SPACE and CTRL keys and you'll stand up from the chair (and get an acheivement). They just go to the PC behind the chair.

12. Optix

Optix Slave To Technology

This is the first FPS I have played other than Borderlands (which is a unique beast all together) that has caught my attention. The single player story is kick ass and the multiplayer is really easy to get into. It also helps when you have a good bunch of guys/gals to tear it up with who don't take things too seriously and keep the smack talk light hearted.

I'm also really impressed it plays as well as it does on my system at 1680x1050 with max settings including AA.

What I don't like is the way the the servers are shown. A friend and I are in the same city but our server list did not match up. They could see servers that I couldn't while his brother could see the same as me. They are on the same network and couldn't even see the same servers. Wonky.

13. The Captain

The Captain Active Member

@Optix

What are your system specs? I was able to run CoD4 at 1920x1200 with 4xAA, but it seems that turning on AA at that resolution in Black Ops really drops the frame rate into the unplayable area for me. Granted, it is a newer game, but the graphics engine is pretty much the same.

My rig:
    Intel Core i7 930 at stock speeds
    6GB DDR3 1600Mhz ram
    ATI 4890 w/ 1GB vram

14. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

steam will put it on sale for sure. I'll wait for Christmas.

15. CHANCE-PHOENIX

CHANCE-PHOENIX New Member

16. Sic Puppy

Sic Puppy Live from the Energy City of NZ

Good luck with that :uhoh:
    The price of MW2 hasn't dropped on Steam at all yet. Don't even think it has been in a sale.
    MW1 was half price yesterday (I think for the 1st time).

If is goes on sale within 2 months of release, it won't be lower than D2D have it for normally.
    Direct2Drive: Buy Call of Duty®: Black Ops Download

Although I live in NZ where Black Ops is 89.99USD on Steam. Not sure what it is in the US. So I apologise in adavnce if my figures are out.

17. AxeGaming

AxeGaming All Things Modder

Im not actually sure if I should buy this for the PC or stick to PS3, have gamed on PC before but still very use to grabbing them mini joysticks

18. Trusteft

If you are used to the gamepad and don't mind for any extra you might pay for it for the PS3 (compared to PC), then get it for the PS3. I had the same consideration ordering Split/Second and I decided to go with the PS3 version, cheaper! but also all are playing on the same field and no cheaters.

19. Simmie

Simmie New Member

damn i can't wait to get this

20. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Finished Black Ops today, it was on par with MW2 I wouldn't rush out to play it unless you intent to play the multiplayer. It just isn't worth $60 for the SP campaign (most of which you have little or no control over your actions). The storyline and presentation blew away MoH but I found shooting to be more realistic in MoH but that's not saying much.

Just Learnin' likes this.