Call Of Duty: World At War (PS3 and X360)

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Nov 12, 2008.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Read The Review Here

Call Of Duty 4 was arguably one of the greatest first person shooter games of all time. It is with slight reservation that we look at World At War today because not only is it a different developer (Treyarch and not Infinity Ward), but it returns to the somewhat overused World War 2 setting.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  2. Customgamer1

Customgamer1 Fell off the tech wagon

Interesting score...

I dont' plan to buy this one because I found it's to much like COD4 with nothing really new to ad in the SP or MP...

3. Shaga

Shaga Intelligent Life Form

Interesting is also that I don't like it very much because it's not enough COD4, more like COD3. :)

4. Customgamer1

I could agree to that ;)

It's from the same makers as COD3. I guess the company lets someone else make COD5 and 3 and they both happened to be just ok games...

5. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

I still haven't finished CoD4 but I tried out World at War and it was alright. I find the combat in both games so damn unappealing it feels like you're just a spectator in the battles and occasionally you need to toss a grenade back or switch weapons but rarely are you actually at risk of dying. Anyway, I'll make the best of it and save this game for once I've upgraded to a 24inch LCD and 5.1 sound then it'll be far more immersive; games like this are meant to be played that way.

6. Cow_160483

Cow_160483 HH's only cow moooooo...

You really should its a really fun game especially towards the end, as for the new COD it looks really grate and i cant wait to get my hands on it.

So far i have played:
    COD 1 + expansion
    COD 2
    COD 4

i skipped over 3 (couldn't get it here :sigh:)
    looking forward to adding COD waw to the list:drool::drool:

7. HardwareHeaven

I guess I must really be rubbish at games, because I died quite a lot in our World At War gaming sessions in the offices :rolleyes:

8. Customgamer1

I have to agree. After playing the Beta you die a lot. It's harder to see guys with all the spots you can hide.

9. kelticknight

kelticknight DriverHeaven Knight

havent new cod5 as seems they where going backwards a little,like 2,3 and 4 but they need new game play,i found 3 and 4 easy,didnt expect any different from 5,i could be wrong,also where too short game play,enjoyed multiplay doe

10. Tril

Tril Triple screen racing ftw

Zardon, it seems like you have the wrong review introduction in the first post.

I bought the game on pc. I die a lot. It's in part due to my graphic card not being fast enough. It slows down to a crawl when there are smoke effects on screen.

I find the game ok. The weapon are maybe too good. The enemies are easy to kill. It's still hard to stay alive at times when you are surrounded by tanks and enemy troops. I like the instant kill effect of the melee weapon. Graphically, it's pretty.

I don't see myself playing that game on Xbox 360. You need a mouse to play well.

11. HardwareHeaven

oh boy, must have been a long day when i posted that ! thanks, fixed.