Calling all Xbox 360 owners! - worth it?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Danhill

Danhill New Member

I played one on one race and I won, then this guy gives me user reveiw of being aggressive and quit early?? wtf??

2. JDwoods[TeamATi]

JDwoods[TeamATi] New Member

What do you guys think of the competition? I game online with my PC a ton, but I am a little timid.

I post good scores on the time trials... I think I'd be ok...

JD

3. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

Or just get an internet connection that doesn't lag :p

Mine works fine with all options on... works better on my 1meg adsl than the 2meg cable... but the only noticeable difference is CoD2... very hard to get a good online game in CoD2 on NTL 2 meg cable

4. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

We should get a game going :)

5. Lelisevis

Lelisevis Howlin at the moon

Thats kinda what I was hoping with the gamertag thread but so far it hasnt happened though I have watched Zardon race:)

6. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

If it was this week it was probably my kid brother online with my machine, I havent had the chance to get near the Xbox 360 :(

7. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

No offense to you english guys but I simply cannot stick the mic chat anymore, ive it disabled. everytime I went online last week I got some total tossers with the dumbest english accents, sounded like some schoolkids with the most grating high pitched voices, whinging, bitching and generally being tools in every match making the lamest excuses for getting whipped every race..... I couldnt care less if my 10meg line can handle it, I cant! Obviously they havent learned they might play better if they didnt talk constantly like frustrated housewives :mad:

And in reply to Danhill, yes you can get negative ratings if you beat people and they take it badly (makes a lot of sense microsoft :rolleyes:) - tbh ive gone off online PGR3 racing as this game is really being played by the worst bunch of assholes ive had the displeasure to meet (present company on this site excluded of course). Best gaming session I had was the first night when I jumped in with 2 or 3 older guys from newcastle, very cool...

8. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

Yeah... as soon as I find a decent guy to race with I just get chatting + add to friends... there's now about 15 of us or so who can go on a 'friendly' PGR3 race (not at the same time of course) but you get the idea

9. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

No probs here either (3meg ADSL). I can play a smooth game with full voice, and still be downloading on the server. The reason I mentioned it was because of a friend that shares his internet connection with roomies finds that he can play with no lag at all by turning off voice support even when they are browsing the net, or doing some serious downloading/streaming music. Funny thing is.. he's on cable. Poor guy.

10. NUCLEARWINTER

NUCLEARWINTER Reap What You Sow.

personally im not all that impressed with the 360. the only reason i bought it was for oblivion. i was told it would be a system launch release so i reserved and paid for the system and the game simultaneously. now i have to wait forever. it will probably look better on my pc anyway. my 360 isnt even hooked up. i smashed thru perfect dark(highly dissapointed) and tiger woods 06 is only slightly ammusing. and i dread the repetitiveness of need for speed: most wanted.