Calling all Xbox 360 owners! - worth it?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Danhill

Danhill New Member

NFSMW looks better on the 360, it has better ground & car textures and better HDR effects. I think it runs with 4aa too, not sure though if it really is 4x.

2. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

I think you are right Dan, I heard 4x aa as well.

3. Danhill

Danhill New Member

And what a great game it is, I love it!!
    Zardon, what do you think about PGR3, I think its a great game, I just cant stop playing it, must take every corner a little better so I can have a split second better time, and the cars are just wow, really awesome made, too bad aa is lacking.

4. HardwareHeaven

Yeah I think the console is brilliant, gotta say though I looked at your system thread on NGO and was blown away, kick ass ! ive mine through a Dell 2405 and its nice enough at 720 via composite but a 60inch screen would be nice. Just would take up so much space and money not sure id go that far.

PGR3 seems excellent, I like it in first person mode inside the car, gives the whole thing a more immersive feeling, rather than the usual outside the car view. To be honest I havent played it that much, ive a nasty eye infection and im finding it hard to focus for long, but I plan to give it a good playing over xmas when ive hopefully a week off work.

Its a great console, funny thing is my power block after 2 hours today was barely lukewarm to the touch, but i have my 360 and power block on an oak computer desk with good air flow around it and its all very stable. I was concerned after reading the posts on the net they would all be loud, run hot and crash, but ive had the opposite experiences so far. guess its just a few systems causing issues.

What games have you for yours Dan? any recommendations?

5. Danhill

Danhill New Member

Yeah it is great playing on a HDTV at 42 inch, but your 2405 its awesome too.

I haven't had a problem so far either, not a singel lockup or freeze, just pure gaming.

I only have 3 games so far, COD2, NFSMW & PGR3, they keep me very occupied :)

6. HardwareHeaven

I hear Call Of Duty 2 is great -ill have to hunt it out.

7. Danhill

Danhill New Member

It is great, I played on the PC as well, it looks just as good as the PC with everything maxxed, I however have problems or had problems getting used playing fps with the controller, but once its done, its a awesome game.

8. Razgriz

Razgriz Intelligence?

Well, i was always a playstation fanboy, and will remain one till i die. Recently going away to college and every dorm room has a xbox, a became a fan, more over because of sports games like madden and nba live. I can say that madden 06 on xbox, is faster and graphically superior to the ps2 version. Xbox 360 does seem like something that would be fun to have. Yay for christmas!

On a side note: I've never seen zardon more excited

9. HardwareHeaven

Yeah thats always a killer. I have got used to Condemned now though although in high pressure situations its not as easy as a mouse for sure. wireless mouse for X360 anyone ? ;)

10. HardwareHeaven

Yeah, over a console too, how embarrassing :oops:

11. Sandok

Sandok New Member

:lol: Aww don't be ;) I'd be as giddy as you if I got a 360 under my roof :p

12. Danhill

Danhill New Member

lol yeah but what a console, the 360 is the best thing since sliced bread :D

13. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Well let's see what Sony has to offer before we make such a important clame ;)

14. HardwareHeaven

Well its a reasonable claim atm, Im sure sony will bring out something nice and powerful and it will have GTA of course, but right now the 360 is the one to have.

In all honesty I wasnt expecting it to be so good, the whole interface is very well designed both on a hardware and software level, a much improved version over the original. I thought it would be louder too. its audible but no louder than my bros PS2.

as I was mentioning to danhill earlier im a little amazed that I was only seeing 12-13 gig on the HD when I first turned it on. they have quite a bit installed. the media center, the emulation tools for backwards compatibility and the OS. and apparently it uses a paging file to boost performance.

I also cranked it to 1080 on the dell 2405 via component, I know its running games from 7xx upscaled but it looks a bit nicer imo.

15. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Ya I posted a piece of news from IGN that explained the lost GBs ;)

And I agree, for the moment it's AMAZING! :D

16. Danhill

Danhill New Member

True Sandok, PS3 looks to be a killer thats for sure, and I think I'm going to grab that one too, but as Zardons says, right now, there isnt any better Console (performance) wise on the market.

17. HardwareHeaven

you did? link? :D

18. Sandok

Sandok New Member

19. vitriolic

vitriolic New Member

at least sliced bread is readily available in the UK :/

been hunting one down since launch, had no luck yet. Think I'll wait till New Year.

20. HardwareHeaven

Yeah that sucks, however I know a guy on ebay who is reliable who can get them for £500. not cheap I know but special delivery next day...