Calling all Xbox 360 owners! - worth it?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Dec 6, 2005.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Really cheap!.... i don't know about the reliability of the ebayer but i have seen a few for £630 starting bid!! not bad i suppose as the cheapest (unavailable Retail) from Amazon is £279..

2. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Well the thing is, most of the guys on ebay selling these are ripoffs, but the guy I know would be willing to part with a few for £500 which would include £25 special delivery next day delivery - its the full sealed premium model btw with the HD etc. He has the full guarantee to £500 on paypal and the only thing you need to do is have a verified address on paypal and pay him.

If anyone is interested, let me know and ill pass on his email address in private. I know the guy pretty well, I actually bought one from him this week and it came next day :)

3. MIG-31

cool.... i'm not interested in a 360 myself,But i would just say (indiscriminately and not aiming to discredit you're post) anyboby who is willing to pay well OTT for a games console is a total Twit.......i'd prefer to wait then be ripped of... And yes you would say you trust him but for that price i'd want free delivery.

4. HardwareHeaven

well you are a tightwad, we all know that (and it was free delivery £500 with free delivery - hey he might even throw in a blow up doll for ya over xmas ;))

5. MIG-31

Thanks.... something i always wanted.. :rofl: (thats me sorted for xmas :D )

6. vitriolic

vitriolic New Member

thank you for the offer Zardon, but I refuse to pay more than the RRP. The console is for me, but if I had a 10yr old kid who wanted one for Xmas then I'd seriously consider it.

So I'll wait for a while

Thanks again.

7. HardwareHeaven

I understand totally I just wanted to make you guys aware I know one of the ebay dealers selling them. with the amount of fraudsters out there it is important to at least know what you pay for you will get :)

8. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Holy cow..

500.00 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 882.302 USD United States Dollars
    As of right now.

How many pounds retail are they going for over there? Is it the equivalent to 400 USD like they are being sold for over here?

400.00 USD United States Dollars = 226.675 GBP United Kingdom Pounds...

That guy is making a killing if that is the case. I should have maxed out a CC with pre-orders and sold them all at 2x the price!

9. HardwareHeaven

Well you guys in the USA get them for less anyway, the two 360s are sold here for £210 for the core and around £270 for the premium.

They are impossible here to get so you find some enterprising individuals took a guess that there would be demand and bought up as many as they could afford.

You think £500 is a lot? some people on ebay were trying to sell them for £1000 with a few games ... to make matters worse loads of the sellers im sure DONT even have them. one guy was taking orders for £400 and then adding a line into the listing that he would have them in February.

I blame microsoft for a crap launch.

10. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Yeah they should have had more available or wait a few weeks/months until they could be readily available..

Unless they did it on purpose.... :wtf:

11. zenkmander

zenkmander New Member

Just recently got into the top ten. My ride's not quite the best yet, obviously. Nonetheless, here it is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I for one am not amazed...
    YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWn
    my son loves his PC with his 7800 GTX

screw Microsoft
    yeah...I played one at Bestbuy
    but after the disclosure and the apology from that store...
    F*&K Xbox..360 marketing...
    it will go the way of Atari...

13. kelticknight

kelticknight DriverHeaven Knight

sorry guys ,the xbox 360 not worth that kind of money
    have played on a friends and not that impressed,top end pc would tip it apart in game graphics
    down to tast in graphics and hardware
    the rip off's are having a better xmass than most

14. kelticknight

you can get full version of xbox 360 at komplett at 410 euros and version basic is 310 euros

15. BWX

BWX get out and ride

410.00 EUR = 492.513 USD

310.00 EUR = 372.388 USD

Live mid-market rates as of 2005.12.17 14:10:35 UTC

16. HardwareHeaven

well you could if they werent out of stock like everyone else is.

17. HardwareHeaven

I dont agree with you at all on this comment. certainly if you play via the normal cable into a tv at 640x480 it looks pretty average but if you manage to fire it in via component to a HDTV at 720 or 1080 it looks just like a high end PC, and for me thats pretty good value for under £300, especially when you consider the tri core G5 IBM processor at 3.2ghz with the 48 pixel pipe ATI card which is sharing the 512 of memory with the system. I think its a great value setup and the games are very impressive. as I said earlier in the thread I have both Need for Speed most wanted on my PC (4ghz P4 and 7800GTX) and on the Xbox 360 and while both look much the same (PC maxxed out and xbox 360 at 1080 on a dell 2405), I think the xbox 360 not only plays better but runs smoother (less FPS dips in key parts). im sure this is in part down to the 1.35ghz FSB as well as all the other hardware in the setup.

18. kelticknight

we all are intitled to our what we consider better
    some perfer pc graphics and others perfer 360
    its down to what your setup is and the 360
    it has good graphics,at monent and the prices they are asking ,not worth it
    has mixed reviews,mostly in favor of x360,after xmass hipe and more can be got in store,prices will settle,then will better value to people who can afford,at 70 euros for a game,which way out there

19. HardwareHeaven

actually its not down to what we consider better, graphics quality is based on technicalities, not what you might think is better. I mean someone could say the PS2 has better games than the X 360 which would be opinion, but they couldnt say the graphics were better as that opinion would be rather quickly dismissed as being silly. Of course if you are viewing the Xbox 360 on a 20 inch tv via a scart lead a high end pc at 1600x1200 will blow that away, i wont dispute that, but have you seen it running at 720 or 1080? it really is quite special IMO. Imagine a situation, a kid cant afford 2k on a top of the line PC, and buys the xbox, his parents have an HDTV. he is pretty much set for £300 whereas his aging pc wouldnt be able to cope with new titles. I think its a good investment for many people .

I didnt say they were BETTER than PC graphics anyway, i was stating that it depends on the interface and medium you are viewing the graphics. trust me on this, ive seen the Xbox 360 on some serious high end tvs with the best cabling out there and the ATI card in that console is a match for anything we currently have - ATI worked closely with microsoft on the development of this console and it will be quite some time before it wont be able to power the games we want to play. The console has been built for one purpose, to play games, and the hardware really is impressive.

20. kelticknight

play most game on 1600 x 1200 through a scart on dell lcd 20' and 24,both 16 ms ,if l cant ,then l lower it,haven't had to do it yet,spent too much on good pc hardware to consider xbox as short term,and then there the cost of games at moment,yes l know the price will drop in 6 months or better,but not now