Calling all Xbox 360 owners! - worth it?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Danhill

Danhill New Member

So its true then, the vga cable does not output 1080i??

2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Haha! Check out the pics I just posted over in Off Topics. ;) I took 'em with my son playing PGR on the 62 inch Toshiba they have at his store. I posted them in Zardon's 'just bought a TV' thread. :)

3. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Nope. Read on...

Hey Zardon, check THIS out. Microsoft changed their Accessories site. Now the VGA cable page includes the actual supported resolutions, and it looks like TeamXbox's article was spot on. No support for 1080i (at least no pure support, but only upscaling/upconverting) using the VGA cable.

4. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

there might only be a few games... but that means you spend less money on games straight away! lol

Plus... if you like the games that are released then where's the problem? COD2 and PGR3 are awesome :D

Obviously I can't wait for the other games too :)

Perfect Dark... that's the one game I haven't liked so far... I got it with the console... played it a little... got bored very quickly of the single and multiplayer and exchanged it for COD2... I'm very glad I did.

5. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

yeah I really recommend anyone using this on HDTV uses the component cable, it definately gives the best results.

6. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

Yeah I'm curious about the issues too... I spent nearly all day on it on sunday... and that was after leaving it on overnight... granted only downloading.... I haven't had any heat issues with it.

I have managed to freeze it once... through pressing the guide button while a gotham race was loading to try to freeze it lol... but that's the only freeze i've encountered and gotham is the only game i can do that in.

7. Danhill

Danhill New Member

Sorry for being slow, this means that if I use the vga cable on my HDTV, I can choose 1080i with the VGA cable, exactly as I do with my Component cable right??

8. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

you should, but rather then render at 1080i, it'll just stretch a smaller image[720?] to fit

9. HardwareHeaven

The VGA cable is limited to 1360x768 if your tv is pure 1080i obviously this will scretch to fit your screen. however via component even though it is upscaling from 720 to 1080i (1920x1080) the component cable should do a better job as there arent the same cable limitations. Obviously as the Xbox is still limited to pure 720p it will still be performing scaling algorithms but it will be via the 360 not the cable.

I have found personally the component cable gives a better picture with superior levels of saturation and colour clarity however it may vary from screen to screen.

10. Lelisevis

Lelisevis Howlin at the moon

Dear Zardon buddy could you change your Avatar pic and cease this Xbox talk pretty please. Ive had my 360 since Uk launch day and my fiancee will not even let me break the seals on the box till christmas day:sigh: . IT IS KILLING ME. knowing my luck my Xbox is on Ebay and I have a box full of housebricks.

11. HardwareHeaven

lol sorry :)

At least its something to look forward too on Sunday, what games you get with it?

12. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Wow, that is cruel and unusual punishment.

13. Lelisevis

Lelisevis Howlin at the moon

Only got Need for speed with it (I know how predictable I apologise lol) but im already signed up for the final fantasy 11 beta and it's really just to fill time until The Elder scrolls is released. 4 more days and counting.

14. SSXeon

SSXeon ATi Freak!!

I see you changed your avitar :duh: So you like it eh? :w00t: Just got COD2 and havent been able to stop playing it. Looks amazing even on my S-video tv, my tv alone has fantastic S-video picture. ;) Cool man, have a good christmas too, just turned 21 friday. :) Peace

SSXeon

15. Randomletters

Randomletters ))((

At this point i wish i saved the $220 from my 6800gt and got the X360 premium package instead. Ahh well maybe i will win the lottery soon

16. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

well have the Lottery as our plan B...

17. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Speaking of which, the Official Xbox 360 magazine will include a free Final Fantasy XI beta disc. It's different for each country, but right now the Japanese guys got it with the system at launch, next issue here in North America will get it (Feb issue), and the UK in April (May issue). Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

18. HardwareHeaven

I ws reading today about splinter cell 4 which is due out on the Xbox 360 in 2006. the storyline sounds great, apparently Sam Fishers daughter has been killed in a drunk driving accident and he pretty much goes off the rails and is kicked out of his organisation and he lands himself in jail, therefore the story starts with him breaking out of prison and using his training for his own use this time.

This is one along with the new Halo im dying to see on the new technology, good times for Xbox 360 owners in 2006 :)

19. Danhill

Danhill New Member

Have you seen the screens yet?? It looks really next gen to me.

SP4 Screens

2006 is going to be a very intresting year to say at least!!

20. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

Does the Xbox 360 support the same kind of features as direct X 10? I remember reading that it did quite a while back - to make easier xbox 360/PC porting... is it? or did they change their minds?

Certainly has unified pipeline aritecture (which is a requisite for DX10 is it not?)