Can´t use Enhanced EAX with F.E.A.R?

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by oqvist, Oct 25, 2005.

1. oqvist

oqvist New Member

Can only use EAX 2.0? Doesn´t the 3538i support EAX 4 for Audigy cards like Creatives drivers? I tried setting the 4/5 device but then I couldn´t choose even EAX 2.0?

I would hate to go back to creative drivers since I need bass redirection however I want of course to make use of EAX 4.0 with my Audigy 2 :)

2. RejZoR

RejZoR New Member

Well i own Audigy 2 which certanly has Bass redirection option available in Settings Console.

PICTURE:
    http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7338/bassred7em.png

But since i have 4.1 speaker system with it's own bass management (the subwoofer is not connected with it's own LFE jack) my option is greyed out.

3. oqvist

oqvist New Member

It may be greyed out for 5.1 as well. As long as I have had Audigy cards that has never worked well.

I like the Kx drivers but if EAX HD works with standard drivers I will of course run them. If I can get it working with separate bass input.

4. RejZoR

RejZoR New Member

Well as soon as i switched to 5.1 speakers, the Bass redirection inwoked itself.
    Btw i'm using latest Creative beta drivers (the OpenAL beta ones) with all the stuff fully updated (EAX Console and so on). So you might wanna (re)try it again :)

5. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

kX has NO EAX support - hence why i'll move this thread to the general audio forum

6. JohnMcClane

JohnMcClane New Member

EAX does NOT work with kx drivers - not EAX 2, not 3 and no EAX4.

7. TFAROCH

TFAROCH New Member

to REJZOR:

Have the same problem with 1.02 driver and A4 iso, when i switch speaker settings from: example 2.0(1) to 5.1 all my own settings disappear ,volume increase to max bass redirection switch off everything what i set is after switch is default ( switching in console do the same) installation was on clean xp, and shall i try creative beta 1162 driver , what about sound compare to A4 1.02 driver (my card is Audigy1) :( THX

8. oqvist

oqvist New Member

Wow didn´t know that. I tried installing the standard Audigy drivers however it doesn´t exist any for my Audigy 2 value card!!!

I think I will just go and get an Audigy 4 despite hearing there is hardly any difference in game applications.

9. oqvist

oqvist New Member

Okay I have an OEM Audigy 2 thus I can´t use any drivers from creatives homepage :(.

Just ordered some X fi musical extreme or what it´s name.