Can anyone please tell me how to flash a bios with no fdd and win xp?

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by BWC, Aug 15, 2004.

1. BWC

BWC New Member

Ive tried pebuilder Ive tried every thing i can think of...(but im not that smart so it was a small list) Im trying to flash my vid card bios, but i keep getting the message that atiflash or flashrom is not a valid 32 program... I am having a heck of a time here...

I just cant seem to get it to work. Ive got my pebuilder boot cd that works fine, but im not sure if it boots me to where i need, or if im doing something wrong with my flash programs or what...

When i open cmd with pebuilder it takes me to x:\>i386\system32 Do i need somehow get my flash utilities in this folder and if so, how the heck do i do that so they'll burn as an iso... or should I be able to open what ever folder and use the util from there?

And i have nero 5. incase that matters

Thanks
    Any help would be greatly appreciated...

2. eggs420

eggs420 my bud > yours

Use nero, make a bootable cdrom. Grab a boot disk image WITH CDROM SUPPORT (.bin) from the net (google works). Open nero, start a new project without that silly wizard (cancel wizard, file, new), on the left select bootable cdrom, on the right point it to the .bin file. Then hit OK/whatever and add your flash utility and new bios. Burn the cd and reboot with the cd in. If all goes well, you should be at a dos prompt. Just make sure the boot disk doesn't use emm386/etc, just a standard 'oak' generic cdrom driver with dos/win98/whatever.