Can you stop Uwe Boll making more movies?

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by Vikingod, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

Uwe Boll has said that he'll stop making movies if an online petition calling for him to never work again has a million signatures.

The director, responsible for Alone in the Dark, Bloodrayne and the upcoming Postal, dismissed the current total of 18,000 in an interview with FearNet, claiming it's not enough.

You can view and sign the petition in question by clicking here. Interestingly, the petition is currently endorsed by 32,307 signatures. That's a whopping 14,000 more than stated in the interview that was posted merely days ago.
    _________
    Source: CVG

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Alone in the Dark had its good moments.
    Bloodrayne had its good moment.

If you don't like his movies, don't watch them.

3. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

They won't get a million signatures. There aren't even a million people who know who Uwe Boll is nor the crappy films he's responsible for.

Way I see it, can't hate the guy who gets a Postal movie made...who else in their right mind would touch that?

4. calidan

calidan Frozen in Carbonite

If there are people that will front the money to make Superhero Movie, etc, then there's people that will give money to Uwe Boll. I've never seen an Uwe Boll film yet but I would rather watch his films then those stupid comedies. Has anyone seen the Dungeon Siege movie yet? I've been wanting to see that one.

5. @/2ct!<

@/2ct!< New Member

Bloodrayne is the worst movie I have ever seen in any genre and can't believe he still makes movies since most of them are financial disasters. Dungeon Siege looks slightly more promising due to Jason Statham, but I won't risk watching it anymore.

6. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

I'm more pissed at popular actors who repeatedly do Uwe Boll films knowing full well they'll be shitfests. These actors take the payouts and don't care if their fans have to sit through a terrible movie. At least in Jason Statham's case, he's made lots of crappy movies (like Revolver & Crank) it can't possible hurt his career or annoy his fanbase :D

7. dipstick

dipstick New Member

I feel bad for this guy tbh. He could probably make a decent movie if he had a budget larger than the cost of meal at BK.

@OmegaRED, those two movies are actually quite good if you give them a chance.

8. Trusteft

double post

9. Trusteft

I think he could make better movies if he let someone else do the A)script, B)film editing.
    I am sure I could help him in both.

10. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Revolver was one of the worst movie going experiences I've ever had, out of literally thousands and thousands of movies. It was the closest thing to torture I've experienced.

Crank was more fun to watch but it was utterly retarded in that way, blowjob during a high speed chase and public sex in Chinatown...you could tell the entire movie was written for teenagers.

11. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

That Dungeon Seige abomination cost $70MM to make, no small budget. It's honestly that this guy doesn't have a stitch of talent, and I don't know how anyone could find somethign redeeming in any of his work, but maybe I'm picky.

12. nerdrock

nerdrock New Member

Don't sign the petition. Seriously. I've never seen any of his movies, nor do I plan to .. but the fact remains that he is an entertaining blip on my geek-radar. Seriously. I mean... he set up an event to box the critics that flame him on the internet. It's comedy gold! YouTube - Lowtax vs Uwe