Cannot log into Windows 7 64 after cleaning solution

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by mbd2884, Mar 14, 2010.

1. mbd2884

mbd2884 New Member

Alright, I'm using version 3.4.1 Professional on Windows 7 64.

After cleaning in safe mode, I restart the computer screen hangs on the starting windows screen. I hear the windows logon sound but see the logon screen. It just stays stuck all black with the frozen windows symbol.

I can log into safe mode but that's it.

I was able to install the drivers through the device manager in safe mode for those who may have run into this problem. I have an ATi HD5870 for reference.

2. chadwik

chadwik New Member

Hi, I have this problem also after using v3.4.6.0 to remove ATI drivers (Catalyst version 10.2) from my win7 64bit (fully updated) install. Normal boot hangs on windows logo but can boot into safe mode. I have used DC successfully in the past on win7 64 bit (no idea what version I'm afraid), but I updated today before using it.

Can't run the catalyst install in safe mode so I will try to install through device manager.

My gfx card is a HD4850

3. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Hi,

if this both happens with 10.2 then it sounds more like a problem in the ati drivers, because nothing changed on the ati filter and also not on the cleaning ways. The only things that did change is the bug in cab cleaner and some other small fix there.

Did you clean 10.1 before and that went ok back then?

4. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Just a suggestion, but have either of you guys tried doing a System Restore back to before you started the cleaning (Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | System Restore)? Sometimes it can take a long time, or stall when done within Windows, so preferably I would boot up the Windows 7 install disc, go into Repair, and do a System Restore from there. If it works then I would try a different method to uninstall the drivers.

5. chadwik

chadwik New Member

I installed the driver manually in safe mode as mbd2884 suggested, then ran the catalyst installer once I could boot into windows again. Will see what happens with the next catalyst driver.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think i was using 10.1 before 10.2 and I always use drivercleaner when I upgrade my catalyst drivers with no problems til this time.